Schoolboy Error

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Schoolboy Error

Post by spider »

I thought after I'd changed the gearlinkage pin (the one on the crank arm on the box itself, wrong replacement but it fitted and seems better than the old one so never mind plus no grazed knuckles) I'd check the sunroof for leaks before they occurred.

You know how it is, open the roof and pour a little water into the channels, then go and check it actually runs out of each corner correctly. Best to check / sort this now rather than when its flooded, I'd call it preventative maintenance really.

I pour a bit of water into each channel and wait, nothing happens at all. I pour a bit more in. I then notice a torrent coming through onto the drivers seat :( , fortunately I caught it in the jug and have dried the liner out OK.

The error here is I was expecting it to have drain channels to each corner via pipes, but it appears this design of sunroof actually seals the glass to the roof. Usually the ones I've looked at before allow water to pass sometimes and the channels drain it off.

I guess the clue here was the rubber seal around the glass instead of a felt (kind of felt material) seal...

:oops:
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Schoolboy Error

Post by CitroJim »

We all make them Andy so don't get too down about it :wink:

We all make mistakes, it's why pencils have rubbers on top of them...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...