C1 noisy exhaust

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jaz_drummer

C1 noisy exhaust

Post by jaz_drummer »

Ci Vibe on a 58 plate. 27000 plus miles (too wet to go out and check for certain). For a few months now it's sounded as though the exhaust is blowing, but it went through a service and nothing was mentioned and I myself forgot to bring it up. Anyway, it's started to get louder so I had a look under the car this evening. Everything appears to be intact. I had the wife give it a few revs and gripping onto the back box seemed to reduce the noise level. It sounds as if there is something loose and rattling in the back box. Just wondering if anyone has come across this particular problem. I see I can get a new back box off flea bay for under forty quid if this is what it takes to solve the problem. Thanks in anticipation.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: C1 noisy exhaust

Post by Citroenmad »

It would well be the baffles in the exhaust, a replacement should do the job. I would be wary of picking a cheapo backbox as in my experience they do not last long and can often be very boomy.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
jaz_drummer

Re: C1 noisy exhaust

Post by jaz_drummer »

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that it might be loose baffles. I'm not that clued up on cars but I seem to remember a mate having similar probs years ago with a motorbike(?). Any idea what a sensible price for a new back box would be, and a reputeable supplier if you know one?