Citroen C5 (2008) HDI Repair Manual

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mobilemule

Citroen C5 (2008) HDI Repair Manual

Post by mobilemule »

Does anyone know where I can buy or download a good repair manual for a C5 Saloon 2ltr HDI 2008 model. I have already tried Rapid Repair manual and found it to be a rip off site so I am looking for something worthwhile this time . Something that will show me how toservice the car and change brake pads for instance.
mobilemule

Re: Citroën C5 (2008) HDI Repair Manual

Post by mobilemule »

Re my posting asking if anyone knew of a good workshop manual for the Citroen C5(2008 on-wards). I had been looking for a workshop repair manual for my C5(2008)for some time and had been ripped of once so I was wary about eManuaOline.com. If you can get hold of a Haynes Manual that would be your best bet but Haynes have no plans to produce a manual for the Citroen C5 2008 on-wards so I looked elsewhere. The emanual that I downloaded from eManualOnline.com is very good, even if it takes a bit of finding your way around the electronic manual pages. Good exploded diagrams, detailed dismantling and assembly instructions etc. Be warned however that the process of getting the manual is not easy. The download takes hours depending on how fast your broadband is. Mine took 12 hours to load the 14.8gb of data. Also follow the instructions very carefully to download the file then to extract them then to open them. I had a download problem, which Sean helped me with and I also had a problem opening the files because I had not firstly extracted them. Sean put me on to 'Top Tier Priority' who were pretty useless and were only concerned with taking over my computer and doing the installation for me. This was not an option I was prepared to take with people I did not know, so I persevered and eventually was successful. All in all I think I have a good product, well worth the £9.99 but oh what a tortuous method of delivery.
markflip

Post by markflip »

I have the emanual and have to agree with mobilemule, it's a faff to get onto a PC and I find the 'navigation' through the computer based manual is frustrating, with lots of 'dead' links which it returns 'no document found'. It is good for the more obvious & straightforward procedures such as brake discs/pads etc with good diagrams, but other things can be hard to find, especially as a lot of it appears to be 'lost in translation' from French. Annoyingly things like the list of diagnostic fault codes is missing (or I can't find them!). It's nice that you can enter a VIN to hone down the search (and get a full spec list of the vehicle) but it doesn't "know" things like bosch/siemens injection systems or the various brake variants. It cost me a tenner and appears to be the only available option so I'm satisfied with it, but as mentioned above, the download was 12GB plus, so if you're on any sort of broadband contract with limited data it could end up costing you a lot more than the £9.99!!

For the techically minded the 'manual' runs on a virtual machine via VMware player, thus the big download - it's a customised XP Operating Sysytem, not just a asci/html file.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I wouldn't take to much notice of Haynes and there 'no plans to bring out a manual' they said that about the XM when I first had one but it wasn't long in comming. Does the Mk1 manual not have some information relating to the late one, I can't see that it can be completely different, except perhaps for the window mechanism :oops:

Peter
mobilemule

Post by mobilemule »

I had a C5 Mk 1 2ltr HDI (2003) and my current C5 2ltr HDI (2008) is a totally different car so unfortunately I don't think that the Haynes Manual for the Mk 1 would be of much help.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Ah right, I think I will stick to the earlier ones then :-D

Peter
robin92
My Cars:

Sv: Citroën C5 (2008) HDI Repair Manual

Post by robin92 »

What parts/job do you need manual on?
Xantia Activa 2.0 tct -96, Xantia Activa v6 - 00
Sorry for my bad English;)
mobilemule

Post by mobilemule »

Hello Robin92, I wanted a manual to assess whether or not I could tackle replacing the window regulator, also to see what was involved in replacing the brake pads and to get to know how the suspension system works(metal springs version) etc. This manual that I have download from emanualonline.com has convinced me that should leave the window regulator job to the experts, that I can change the brake pads a lot cheaper than the £190 my local garage is quoting and how if necessary to replace the shock absorbers. Surprisingly it does not tell you how to get at the pollen filter or where the trolley jacking points are.
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

my window regulator has gone also. there are some repair kits on ebay , it can't be that difficult to fit ?

my issue is how to remove the internal door panel ?? :?
mobilemule

Post by mobilemule »

Hello hdi_man the removal of the inner door panel is covered in my new emanualonline but it looks an extremely complicated job. I could try to send you the instructions if that would help.
mobilemule

Post by mobilemule »

Sorryhdi_man

I tried to copy and save the relevant pages of the manual but it just came out as gobbledygook
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

mobilemule wrote:Sorryhdi_man

I tried to copy and save the relevant pages of the manual but it just came out as gobbledygook
Try saving and sending screenshots if there isn't too much of it.
mobilemule

Post by mobilemule »

I have done a few screen prints but to keep the number down diagrammes and text may not line up exactly so you will have to line them up yourself. I hope this works and you find the information useful . I took one look at it and decide it was not for me. Having viewed a preview the screen shots have come up OK but in reverse order and it would only let me upload 3 shot so I will have to upload the 4th one in a separate reply.
Attachments
Image3.jpg
Image2.jpg
Image1.jpg
mobilemule

Post by mobilemule »

This is the 4th and last screen shot for the C5 inner panel removal. The instructions go on to completely strip down the door but I have not taken it that far for obvious reasons. Good luck
Attachments
Image4.jpg