Citroen C5 (2008)window regulator

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mobilemule

Citroen C5 (2008)window regulator

Post by mobilemule »

I had had to have both front window regulators replaced on my 2008 Citroen C5 Hdi Saloon withing the last nine months at a cost of almost £600. In both cases the motors were still working but the windows would not lift or drop without manual assistance. The repair garage()not a Citroen main agent said that the whole assembly had to be replaced and is a common fault on the new C5. Am i being given the true facts or am I being ripped off?
hdi_man
My Cars:

Re: Citroën C5 (2008)window regulator

Post by hdi_man »

no correct I'm afraid. I have 258 plate C5 and my drivers window has gone. there is a plastic clip that has snapped, the motor still works but the window is stuck up.
Citoren do not sell the clips separately and a whole new assembly is £220 including another motor. so annoying and STUPID Citroen !!!!!!
hdi_man
My Cars:

Re: Citroën C5 (2008)window regulator

Post by hdi_man »

see here:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... or#p316364" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ger34

Re: Citroen C5 (2008)window regulator

Post by Ger34 »

Hi guys,first time poster
I successfully replaced the front window regulator cables on both windows on my 2008 c5,thanks to all the advice on this forum.
Everything was going fine for about a month until the drivers side developed a new problem.
When I pull the switch for the window to close fully on auto,it rises to closed position, then after a second lowers itself to the halfway position.Then if I pull the switch again to rise it lowers to the fully opened position.
The only way to get it to remain in the fully closed position is to raise it to that position using the inching position of the switch.
I have tried resetting the upper and lower limits of window to no avail.
Anybody got any ideas?