Some questions about Xantia turbo diesel 1900

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Alex S

Some questions about Xantia turbo diesel 1900

Post by Alex S »

Hello to all members.I am thinking about upgrading to Xantia 1999 1900 turbo diesel. What is your fuel consumption ? Also what can you say about this model with automatic transmission?
Jetfixer
My Cars:

Post by Jetfixer »

My average is around 40mpg on a good run 43mpg. That was on a 5spd manual. Sorry cant comment on Automatics.
stuartb
My Cars:

Post by stuartb »

My average is also around 40mpg. If I put my lead boots on, I can get it down to about 38mpg without too much effort. This is also with a 5speed manual box.
Stuart.
'93 Xantia 1.9TD VSX - 120000 miles.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Have you got to have an automatic because of a physical condition, if not it might be wiser to get a manual, these boxes are electronicaly controlled and I believe are integrated into the engine ecu.
Knowing what Citroen electrics are like it would worry to me a bit to have one of these auto's, when you do all your own maintenance and repairs, anything like this going wrong inevitably means having to get someone else to sort it out, and I wouldn't like that one bit.
Dave
mark_sp

Post by mark_sp »

My mpg averages 34 but I mainly do short hops of 5 - 6 miles. I'd steer clear of the auto as these cars are under powered to begin with and I guess would be unbearable with an auto box.
Alex S

Post by Alex S »

Thanks a lot for the answers.I'll definately go for manual gear.