C5 Running problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tonygsxr
New User

C5 Running problem

Post by tonygsxr »

Hi,
can anybody help me, i have a 2001 c5 2.0hdi and doing my best description. when you put your foot down the car seems to dip down and takes ages for turbo to kick in and when it does theres only a little kick, but if you lift your foot a little it sometimes works as it should (there is no smoke at all,) i have disconnected the maf and ran terrible so not that, pulled top pipe off egr and it changed nothing?, i've look around for any splits in the pipes but all look ok.would it be a turbo problem? car has done 127k. this may sound very strange but to me it seems to run properly when its raining/damp?just me i donno? thanks for any help
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Re: C5 Running problem

Post by steelcityuk »

The thing about a HDi is that some of the valves/actuators are powered by vacuum and controlled by solenoids under the direction of the Engine Management Unit. So if there's a vacuum leak or faulty solenoid you'll get problems, some without warning lights. The egr and turbo wastegate are both controlled by this means so if you have a vacuum leak or faulty solenoid then the turbo won't boost or the egr won't function correctly. Start by checking for leaking vacuum pipes. After that you can swap the solenoids over to see if that cures the fault. I found a simple vacuum gauge handy when working on HDi's.

Steve.
not applicable
tonygsxr
New User

Re: C5 Running problem

Post by tonygsxr »

Thanks for that it's alot better not perfect so i'll go and buy new ones see what that does. thanks