Help for a Lexia Newbie

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Suffolkpete

Help for a Lexia Newbie

Post by Suffolkpete »

I've just taken delivery of a Lexia clone and have just tried it out on my 2002 C5 HDi. It seems to work fine on version 5.02 software. The package offers two upgrades to 5.2 and 5.31, is there any advantage in installing these or should I leave well enough alone? I've tried to use it to reset the diesel additive alarm, but it tells me to go to to Tech Support and get a key code in order to access the Configuration menu to reset the additive counter. Not sure what they mean by tech support and they would probably demand proof of a subscription. Isthere a workaround, it seems that other members of this forum have been able to make configuration changes.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Help for a Lexia Newbie

Post by DickieG »

Suffolkpete wrote:I've just taken delivery of a Lexia clone and have just tried it out on my 2002 C5 HDi. It seems to work fine on version 5.02 software. The package offers two upgrades to 5.2 and 5.31, is there any advantage in installing these or should I leave well enough alone?
If it ain't broke why try and fix it? Leave well alone is my advice.
Suffolkpete wrote:I've tried to use it to reset the diesel additive alarm, but it tells me to go to to Tech Support and get a key code in order to access the Configuration menu to reset the additive counter. Not sure what they mean by tech support and they would probably demand proof of a subscription. Isthere a workaround, it seems that other members of this forum have been able to make configuration changes.
When using a clone Lexia turn off wifi on the laptop to avoid Lexia searching for tech support and updates, the code you are looking for to enable configuration changes is more than likely 03114.

If you are looking to code keys then you need to find the four digit code supplied on the 'Code' card supplied with the car when new, if you don't have it it can be obtained from a dealer provided you have proof of ownership.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Suffolkpete

Post by Suffolkpete »

DickieG wrote: the code you are looking for to enable configuration changes is more than likely 03114.
It is expecting to get a code of four groups of four characters with a dash in between them. Without it I cannot make any configuration changes anywhere, the functionality is limited to just reading parameters and faults and resetting the temporary ones. I'm using V47 software by the way, it seems to have significant differences compared to the V45 which most users of this forum appear to have. Has anybody else had this problem? If so what's the workaround? Is there a key generator similar to the one that V45 users use to generate an activation code?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I'm somewhat confused as to what stage you are at with Lexia, have you got it working as in you can access all menus on the car or are you trying to get Lexia activated?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Suffolkpete

Post by Suffolkpete »

Yes, I've got it working and all the menus are accessible, but only certain sub menus within them are available. I can read errors, and reset them, but if I select "Configuration" within each group, I get a message saying "To use this function contact the Technical Support Platform" it then gives me a load of information that I have to supply. Tech support will then give me a code to unlock the function. From my reading of the "sticky" topic at the head of this forum it appears that most Lexia customers have V45 software, where you load Lexia and PP2000 separately and have a key generator supplied to generate the activation code. The version I have is not like that. Lexia and PP2000 reside on Actia DiagBox. Diagbox can diagnose newer vehicles directly, or in my case (C5 2.2 HDi) acts as a portal to Lexia. The procedure is to install DiagBox then run a program called "patch.exe" then when the activation screen appears, enter a code supplied. I've done all that and it works, up to when I try to use a configuration function. Other forum members seem to be able to make configuration changes, so it seems that something is missing from my installation. I'm sure this problem will crop up elsewhere as more vendors supply the newer version.
Suffolkpete

Post by Suffolkpete »

Solved! The problem was due to my having been supplied the wrong profile to enter into the activation screen. It should be 02FFFFFF not 1FFFFFFF. I can now read and configure everything, even on a C5! Others buying new DiagBox based Lexias may want to note this.
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

Plus if you`re running Diagbox V5.02 , do not update higher than V5.29 .
For what we are about to receive may we be truly thank full.

http://www.citroencodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.peugeotcodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;