Dispatch radiator.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wotwot
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 1982 GSA 1299
1984 bx 1600
zx 5 door x 2
xantia estate
dispatch
xara picasso
807 SE

Dispatch radiator.

Post by wotwot »

Not been on for awhile, since the engine implant from a zx the van just keeps going :-D .
Anyhow like my old xantia it holed the rad the other day,a quick dollop of chemical metal keeps the water inside the engine and not on the floor :shock: .
Cant afford a new rad at the moment so a second hand one is my only option.
I have seen plenty so no problem there BUT, there are a couple of different types all seem to have the same clips and fittings on them.
Is there any advatage to the thin veined ones to the tubular veined ones as both seem to be used on diesel but the tubular veined ones dont appear to be used on petrol "I may be wrong with this assumption".
Mine is a 98 normal diesel, any help would be appreciated.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: Dispatch radiator.

Post by spider »

I *think* the one that is NOT used on the petrol is the TD radiator. The reason being the increased airflow rate to cope with the temp changes. I could be wrong.

I do remember being told not to put a N/A radiator into a TD 205 due to the lack of flow rates, or something like that.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
wotwot
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 1982 GSA 1299
1984 bx 1600
zx 5 door x 2
xantia estate
dispatch
xara picasso
807 SE

Re: Dispatch radiator.

Post by wotwot »

cheers spider, had not even looked at the td rads,was curious to know the flow rate of the thin veined type. Like would it be ok for the earlier diesel engine.