1.4 Xsara cutting out at random times

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

valeyblue
New User

1.4 Xsara cutting out at random times

Post by valeyblue »

Hi Im new to this board.

Have got a serious issue with my 1.4 2001 Xsara It cuts out for no apparent reason. It will start and run for anything up to 10 mins then cut out... and wont restart for ten minutes. then the same thing happens!

I have had it connected to a computer and no faults or errors are showing up! Its as if the car is out of fuel (Its not)

I have changed the Fuel Pressure regulator all be it with a second hand one, car still playing up! #

Changed the fuel pump relay still doing it. Had the relay checked and its working fine.

Took off the idle control valve cleaned it and checked to see if its working it seems to be moving in and out on turning the key.

took off the petrol purge valve..... Still playing up!!

Im getting very fed up with it now!! ANY IDEAS PLEASE PLEASE! lol

something i have noticed this evening that when trying and failing to start the car the indicator on the drivers side front is flashing..... so this has led me to think maybe the fuel cut off switch is causing the problem??? where is the fuel cut off switch?? and where are the sensors for that switch??

If anyone has any ideas would be much appreciated!!
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0 Hdi 2003

Re: 1.4 Xsara cutting out at random times

Post by 411514 »

Fuel cut of switch is inside engine bay, if i remember correctly left hand side with a red cap. I had one of these cars for several years and never encountered nor heard of any such problem, check that connections on the fuel filter are secure (in front of right hand rear road wheel) and that these pipes are not split or damaged this was a common problem, in tank fuel pumps were quite weak on these cars and often failed so maybe investigate this avenue, try http://www.cxoc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, good for all things xsara
Sam

2003 C5 2.0HDI 110