Adding a Bluetooth phone and USB

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Irish_C5

Adding a Bluetooth phone and USB

Post by Irish_C5 »

Good morning folks and welcome to today's new query!

I appear to have the RT3 radio with built-in SIM card slot and the colour NaviDrive screen, and it's running version 6.62 of the software. Radio reception is quite good with even some MW stations coming in, to my huge surprise!

As noted by a previous poster in an old thread, I don't seem to have Bluetooth capability. Using the onboard SIM slot with the SIM from my own phone is not really an option. I'm coming from a trusty old Nokia CK-7W Bluetooth car kit and would really like to use the onboard controls instead.

I also want to be able to use a USB stick for music, so will need a USB slot. So I've looked around and found the 9702.ez USB box and also found the Xcarlink unit with USB and Bluetooth.

Reviews of the Xcarlink have been mixed with reports of hissing at lower volume levels and a volume change when the phone is answered.

I have just discovered that Dension (not Denison!) also do Bluetooth solutions, but seem primarily directed towards iPod/iPhone, neither of which I have.

Has anyone here used the Xcarlink unit with Bluetooth, or is there a Bluetooth module I can add to the existing radio?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Adding a Bluetooth phone and USB

Post by DickieG »

I use a Parrot MKi9200 in my HDi, this gives me Bluetooth for both phone and music plus if you prefer there is a USB socket on a lead or you can play stored music from a SIM card you put into a slot on the back of the screen. Works just as well with phones other than an iPhone.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH