Anyone reconned a caliper?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Anyone reconned a caliper?

Post by Stekelly »

Has anyone reconditioned their own calipers before?

I have an issue with a new caliper I'm fitting to my 1.8. One of the small seals thats on the caliper where the shaft from the caliper bracket on the car slides in tore. I have 2 calipers from an Activa I'm cleaning up at the minute and wanted to have a go at reconning them myself so I'm going to get the full kits for those. But does anyone know can you get just the small seals on their own to fix the smaller caliper? I had a look at the ones on the activa calipers and they seem fairly well put in, but they possibly go in with a small tool or suchlike. I'd rather be able to add this to my list of jobs I can do instead of having to send them off.
Incidentally, does anyone know what price and who does the recon work on calipers?

Cheers

This is the seal I'm on about

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

That's just a dust boot, to preserve the grease on your guide pin. If you can't get them by the each from PSA, try someone like Bigg Red.

FWIW I have bought offificial caliper rebuild kits before, only to find that inside the bag is all TRW parts! :roll:
Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Re:

Post by Stekelly »

addo wrote:That's just a dust boot, to preserve the grease on your guide pin. If you can't get them by the each from PSA, try someone like Bigg Red.
Yeah, I think using "seal" was giving them a position above their station :)

Might bang off an email to biggred and see do they do them individually. If I buy 2 kits for the other calipers they may well indulge me.

In case anyone is thinkign I'm trying to boy racer up my Xantia, red is the colour I had in stock :-D I wanted to give it a bit of protection and acctually going out and buying new paint that for the most part wont be seen anyway (it's got Activa alloys on it) was pointless. Although I did toy with the idea of getting a tin made up of the cars paint code.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Stekelly wrote:...I'm trying to boy racer up my Xantia, red is the colour I had in stock :-D
Besides, painted parts clean up more readily.

Athough if you fit the imitation four-pot Brembo caliper covers, we may have to excommunicate you!
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Anyone reconned a caliper?

Post by citronut »

hear is price and part No. for the slider rubber kit

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
95667821 RUB PACKED STUD 38.72 GBP 46.46 GBP 46.46 GBP

probably work out cheaper to just buy a re/con caliper from the factors :shock:

regards malcolm