CITROEN H VAN CAMPER ON EBAY

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

fatherjack2002
My Cars:

CITROEN H VAN CAMPER ON EBAY

Post by fatherjack2002 »

Hi folks, i'm watching this on Ebay with interest,230771740658 . I've got a friend linned up for the welding part of the job, mechanically it appears not to bad, if i did buy it my girlfiend would want to drive it , but not having power steering this will create a problem.
How difficult/easy would it be to fit power steering , if at all possible
Thanks in advance Paul
P.S how do i make the Ebay number a direct link ?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Push the quote button and look at the code Paul:

H Van
1995 Xantia VSX 1.9 TD, RIP
N*ssan Pr*mera . HATING EVERY MILE
1994 Xantia LX 1.9TD, RIP
1997 Xantia desire 2 re-homed
2002 Pugeot 307 HDI (not quite a Xantia, but still French)
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Re: Citroën H VAN CAMPER ON EBAY

Post by Harlequin »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-H-VAN ... 0771740658" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Simon
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Paul, great to see you? How's it going?

H vans are cool in the extreme 8-)

Copy the whole web URL from your browser window, click the URL button on the edit window when making a post and copy the web URL into the opening URL tag like this:

Code: Select all

[url=<copied URL> (e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk and so and so forth)]Web Link Title (e.g. H Van on FleaBay)[/url]

Worked Example:

[url=http://www.bxclub.co.uk/forum]BX Club Forum[/url]

That should do you Paul and good luck with the H Van. Very special :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i think my freind is going to sell his H camper van which is already to just use, but im sure he will want a lot more that the price on that one,

he has had it several years he bout it from Holland, i think including buying it and registering it over here it cost him around £5,000,

and i have done some welding on it inbetween him using it, i also rebuilt the rear brakes and fitted a re/con starter motor, he has also had a stainless exhaust and a new clutch fitted,

it has also won best in show at at least one H van meet,

regards malcolm
NewcastleFalcon

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

I always like to see posts on Citroen H Vans. I tend to be in the "just looking not buying" category and the negatives of time, money, somewhere to work on one and somewhere to keep it always creep in.

When you do see one that someone has brought back into use, and made a good job of, you can only admire the time and effort, and congratulate them for seeing it through.

There is a guy from Durham who has done just that and appears with his superb van, coffees and crepes at Durham Market on Saturdays and The Quayside Market in Newcastle on Sunday.

This is the finished product, maybe good for a bit of inspiration to take the plunge.

regards

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
fatherjack2002
My Cars:

Post by fatherjack2002 »

Cheers for that Neil, me and my girlfriend have taken the plunge and put i bid in on this van !!! at present we're the leading bidders :) , we've also managed to get storage on a friends farm, so at least if we do get it we'll have some where to start the restoration works .

Going back to my initial question of fitting power steering, has anyone got any info they could give me on this ? , i realise this will involve mounting a pump/ etc & getting a suitable steering rack , does anyone know if there are any other Citroen parts would be compatible to carry this out ? .

Hi Jim , things aren't too bad at present , employment could do with a little more continuity, but hey thats the building trade 4u ! , i noticed you no longer have my old V6 in your fleet , i hope it went to a good home ? :) , wish me luck with this camper, looking at the pics i think i'll need it !! lol
Cheers for now Paul....
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Paul, you have all my best wishes with the camper :-D An excellent project!
fatherjack2002 wrote: i noticed you no longer have my old V6 in your fleet , i hope it went to a good home ? :)
Oh yes, it went to one of my oldest friends and the car is being loved greatly :-D I see it almost every day and it gleams. He looks after it better than I did...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
fatherjack2002
My Cars:

Post by fatherjack2002 »

Well we've done it !!!! we're now proud owners of the above "camper" :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D , just got to arrange collection, then and assess the future restoration, as we actually bought this unseen !!, i think a blog may be in order ? :)

Any tech info will be greatly appreciated, as we may have to do this on a budget, but don't want to compromise on the finished project

Cheers for now Paul....
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

fatherjack2002 wrote:
Any tech info will be greatly appreciated, as we may have to do this on a budget, but don't want to compromise on the finished project

Cheers for now Paul....
i dont think you will be able to use the word budget in relationto that H van from what it looks like in the listing,

i fear it is going to gobble up huge amounts of the hard earned :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :wink:

regards malcolm
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Well done Paul =D>

I shall be following the blog with much interest...
Jim

old'uns
My Cars: '02 C5 - gone
'09 X7 - gone
CMax - X7 replacement - gone
Acadiane - lost to a V5c applicant
'06 C5 VTR auto est
'90 Honda Beat
'73 ST70 Dax
'75 ST Dax - 120 powered

Post by old'uns »

an afternoon will soon sort that out :lol:

let me know if you need any panels, got one round the corner from me.....

if you ever feel down just remember this picture.
currently '06 C5 2.0 HDi auto estate Tip run and France trekker - well should be!! occupied currently by '10 Superb DSG 170 elegance- whistles and bells that work
NewcastleFalcon

Paul

Well done :) You will no doubt begin to link in with a community of people who have done a similar thing before. I thought I had read somewhere of a Rover V8 being fitted in one "restoration"-it may be this one here
http://www.h-van.co.uk/hurryanh.htm

regards

Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 16 May 2014, 08:18, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

that V8 H was at the dersh London to Brighton/Hove park last year or the year before,

regards malcolm
NewcastleFalcon

When the hard work is over you'll have to reward yourselves with a grand tour. La Grande Corniche would be an absolutely classic place to start :)

all the best

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey