head light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

br2000ad
My Cars:

head light

Post by br2000ad »

i,ve got a citroen xsara picasso 51 plate which the left head light keeps going,changed it about 4 times
can anyone help
thx
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: head light

Post by Peter.N. »

I assume you mean that the bulb is going. Have you tested the old bulbs to make sure they have gone? There are only two things that can normally cause a bulb to fail, one is excess voltage but it this was the case others would fail as well, the other is vibration but again it would have to be peculiar to that lamp. Have you tried different makes and type of bulb or were they all the same? If so I would try something different.

Peter
br2000ad
My Cars:

Post by br2000ad »

Peter.N. wrote:I assume you mean that the bulb is going. Have you tested the old bulbs to make sure they have gone? There are only two things that can normally cause a bulb to fail, one is excess voltage but it this was the case others would fail as well, the other is vibration but again it would have to be peculiar to that lamp. Have you tried different makes and type of bulb or were they all the same? If so I would try something different.

Peter
did,nt test the bulbs to make sure they went... :oops: plus hav,nt tryed other makes of bulbs but the funny thing is
my misses pulled up tonight and said the bulb as come back on but this has,nt happened before so thought there was a fault somewere..
could it be a loose wire
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Could well be a fault on the headlamp wiring. When the light is not working check for voltage on the bulb, if its there check the earth side, if there is voltage there you have a poor earth connection. It could be the actual push on connector on the lamp, try wiggling it.

Peter
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Valeo alternators are famous in some circles, for destroying bulbs rather quickly. I'd check the grounding, as that may be exacerbating a marginal situation.