XSara 2 - climate control fan & speed data faults

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Haakon
My Cars:

XSara 2 - climate control fan & speed data faults

Post by Haakon »

Xsara 2 with climate control, and the fan is a bit screwy. It sometimes works fine, sometimes doesn't work at all, and sometimes will only work on one speed - regardless of where the knob is set to.

Lexia wont test the Blower Parameters - cant communicate with it.

When I bring up the parameters, it has a ?? against the blower. Odd one is the fan blower voltage reading - it reads 0 when the engine is running, but goes to 140 volts (!!!!) when the engine is shut down. That is I think damn odd.

Another weird code its thrown is an intermittent vehicle speed data fault - it doesn't like the reading its getting, but from where? Engine or auto trans ecu?

Blower motor or climate ecu to replace here? Or both....?
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You should have burnt that car years ago, chaver.

I've had a really weird problem with condensation inside the climate ECU causing intermittent problems with a surface mounted EPROM module.

As to fan speed - if the dial is an endless rotary with optical interruptor check there is no crap (dust or broken bits) in there. Lexia leads of the pirate variety seem to have trouble connecting to the AC - tried pressing the plug hard sideways or wiggling it whilst doing a global scan?

New climate ECUs are dear as poison.
Haakon
My Cars:

Re: XSara 2 - climate control fan & speed data faults

Post by Haakon »

Hey Adam :) It's just sheer bloody mindedness at this point!

And just to annoy me, I went out in the car and the fan worked perfectly - on auto and all speeds on manual. Still a ?? mark against it when I plugged the lexia in again though.

The vehicle spee thing is odd though - why the hell is cliamte ecu caring about that - and where is it sourcing the info from...?
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

What units is the "speed" given in - RPM, or km/h? Or is it trying to enumerate the blower fan speed?
Haakon
My Cars:

Post by Haakon »

Doesn't say squat about it, not even a fault code. Just says its a remote fault and not it's problem!

Once got a communication fault in the egine ecu, saying it wasnt happy with communications with the trans ecu - pretty sure all vehicle speed info comes from the trans ecu.

Given the phantom faults for solenoids, I have a Reno scenic Siemens ecu I found at pickapart I'll try...

Have strong suspicions about a dud trans ecu.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Haakon wrote: Another weird code its thrown is an intermittent vehicle speed data fault - it doesn't like the reading its getting, but from where? Engine or auto trans ecu?
Does the fault code have an asterisk next to it when you read it on Lexia ? Are you getting any problems with it of is it just a fault code you found when doing a lexia check ? I believe this is a 'phantom fault' & can be ignored.