Xsara 2 - air injection pump fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Haakon
My Cars:

Xsara 2 - air injection pump fault

Post by Haakon »

Howdy all from Tasmania :)

Have my shiny new Lexia fired up, and have found a depressing array of faults... May be a couple of posts...

This one is about the air injection pump, the little critter that lives in under the left headlight. Seems its out to lunch, with a "permanent fault open circuit" when I attempt to test it. It says to listen for the relay, which I don't hear - any ideas on where it lives...? I'll try that first, then swap out the pump.

Suspect its related to the intermittent downstream O2 sensor fault code - if its not getting the expected dose of air in the manifold, its probably throwing out the o2 sensor readings on occasion. Although of course I could also be losing the cat, as there is a rattle down there...

Anyway - anyone dealt with these things before?
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Xsara 2 - air injection pump fault

Post by Lighty »

Air injection pumps fail all the time , or appear as fault codes at least.
I think it lives under the wheel arch liner on the left front wing, sort of behind the fog lamp. I find that sometimes if you put battery power straight to it, the motor will kick into life. A new one is expensive, so trace the wires back to the fuse board ( under bonnet) and make sure it is powering from there when you actuate it with Lexia.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Haakon
My Cars:

Re: Xsara 2 - air injection pump fault

Post by Haakon »

Cheers, good tip on the resuscitation technique :)

I can't find its relay though... Is it inside the bcu fuse box thingy? I can hear a relay ticking inside that when I test the fuel pump relay with lexia, but cant see one externally...

I would think the air pump relay would still click even if the pump were frozen...