c5 with cold seats ...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wasp
My Cars:

c5 with cold seats ...

Post by wasp »

Hi Everyone,
Just jumped ship from 406oc,as ive just bought a c5 estate.
Hope someone here can help,i want to fit heated pads and switch to my c5's front seats.
My main question is are the wire feeds already there for them as they were in my 406? ( 5 volt feed) and i loved and miss a warm butt :).
my c5 is an exclusive with leather and elec adjustments but no heat, i understand from google-ing that it needed to be an exclusive se to get heated seats,sunroof and sat nav from factory? although bizarrely mine has colour sat nav?
car is 2003 hdi ,estate
Btw I also have a lexia laptop, and live in newbury berkshire,uk if any members nearby want to use it..
Thanks in advance
Dave
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: c5 with cold seats ...

Post by Citroenmad »

Welcome to the FCF and to C5 ownership Dave :)

Its odd that your C5 does not have heated seats, I thought it was pretty much standard on all with leather seats.

The heated seat switches are on the seat itself, so you woule need to find somewhere to locate the switches. Im not sure if there is a supply for the heated seats, though im sure you could get a 5v feed easily enough.

The colour sat nav was an option, in fact so were leather seats on the Exclusive, they were only standard on the Exclusive SE.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
wasp
My Cars:

Post by wasp »

Hi Citroenmad
Thanks for your welcome & reply.
Ill try and get a couple of heated leather seats from a salvage yard and have a go..
Will report back,.
Dave
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

5v feed for heated seats ?? somethings not right there surley ? What steps the voltage down from 12v then ?
Superaquarama

Post by Superaquarama »

Nah, Citroenmad - we've got a current model Exclusive C5 which doesn't have heated seats either (which are leather)
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

Yeh, I've come across quite a few with leather, electric seats, nav, but no heat!

I'm pretty sure the heated seats are VERY prone to failure though. Out of three of my C5 V6s (all with heated seats) only one actually worked! I'm not sure which part it is that fails, but just bear this in mind when taking parts off a scrapped car.
French is best.
wasp
My Cars:

Post by wasp »

Thanks for your replys.
maybe i think again,if they are prone to failure prob not worth the hassle.
wasp
My Cars:

Post by wasp »

UPDATE:
Hi All
Well i bit the bullet,and bought a set of dark grey,almost black leather seats/doorcards ( same coulour as my existing seats so only front seats needed)very cheap of ebay.Took a chance on the heated elements working,hoping atleast the drivers one would work,and got lucky cos they both worked great
After checking forums,i justed needed to add two 30 amp blade fuses to fuseboard in glovebox,however they were already there dont know why prob cos mines an exclusive and the dude who did it on the forums had an sx..so it was just plug n play..no lexia work needed either
anyway all fitted and working great.better then my old 406 leather as they used to heat up then cool down until the thermo switch cut in again..whereas the c5 is constant heat and it has settings, off 1,2&3.
I will now list my unheated set with door cards on ebay.. anyone near newbury berks fancy them? full set with door cards electric adjustment and lumbar support on both fronts & armrests ofc, very good cond.Back seats where from a hatchback c5 but they look the same maybe someone knows if they fit estate?
next job will be aircon as this doesnt work tho with the weather here in uk like it is ill just stick with the heated seats atm!
also need to try and repair the estate tailgate glass so it will open..
Dave