Which fan belt for zx 1.9d advantage?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mijyou
My Cars:

Which fan belt for zx 1.9d advantage?

Post by mijyou »

Which size fan belt would i need for a zx 1.9d advantage, there seems to be a few different options on the gsf site.
Also looking at the haynes manual there is a tension adjuster on the alternator,this is not on mine is this correct?
Thanks Jim
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Iv'e never seen the auxiliary (fan belt) belt adjusted via the alternator on these diesels, its allways been a seperate pulley on its own sliding bracket.
What year of manufacture is your car, do you know its RP number, has it got power steering or aircon or both.
These belts are called "multi rib" in the online shop you will see something like this "6PK 1135" 6 means the number of ribs, PK is the belt profile where P is the pitch of the ribs, K is the code letter for the pitch, in this case 3.56mm, the number 1135 is the belts length.
You need a 6PK for sure but which of the three lengths without knowing what equipment is fitted I don't know.
Take a look and see if the printing has compleely worn off the belt, if you are lucky the info will still be there, it was still there on my Xantia auxiliary belt after 55k miles.
Dave
mijyou
My Cars:

Post by mijyou »

thanks for the reply Dave
It is a 1992 with power steering.
What is the Rp number?
I cannot see any printing on the belt it looks well worn.
Thanks Jim
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

Looks like it should be this one, going by the RP its for cars built up to 28 Feb 93.
N13343 RIBBED BELT-6PK 1130 ZX D/TD + PAS >RP5956
Click the link to find out about the RP number.
http://www.citroen.mb.ca/citroenet/html/o/organr.html
Dave
mijyou
My Cars:

Post by mijyou »

Thanks Dave
I will order that one, very informative link.
Cheers Jim