Seat swapping question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dommo
My Cars: Current
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
91 Toyota Soarer UZZ32 Active Suspension
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Seat swapping question

Post by Dommo »

Hi all

I'm sure this has been covered but I can't seem to find it right now which is typical! I've recently acquired a full leather interior off a nice v6 exclusive in my local scrappers ( :x !!), (also nicked the strut tops which look good if anyone needs any, the v6 ones are v6/activa/2.1 specific aren't they? Would they fit my 1.9 VSX??).

The issue is, these are full electric, heated, with the pneumatic lumbar support and side airbags. The only wiring I have in my s1 VSX if I remember correctly is the heated seat connectors, I don't have any of the other required wiring, does anyone know what wiring I need? Can I just send one big power lead towards the seats and have that power everything (doubtful!)?

Thanks.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Seat swapping question

Post by DickieG »

Dommo wrote:The issue is, these are full electric, heated, with the pneumatic lumbar support and side airbags. The only wiring I have in my s1 VSX if I remember correctly is the heated seat connectors, I don't have any of the other required wiring, does anyone know what wiring I need? Can I just send one big power lead towards the seats and have that power everything (doubtful!)?
Yes you can for the seat motors/pumps but you'll need a separate harness for the heaters.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
Dommo
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

There looks to be a hell of a lot of wires going into the seats, do you know if they are all necessary? The heater harness is already there in my car.

Cheers Dickie
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Yes, all wires are necessary if you want heat Dom. they all go to the control rheostats on the centre console. You should see the loom has just two thick yellow wires and these power everything on the seats.

If you need, I have the full wiring diagrams. Shout if you want them.

V6 Strut tops are absolutely unique to the V6 as the V6 has uniquely thicker struts. To a V6 owner they're like gold-dust but to anyone else worthless I'm afraid.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Dommo
07 C5 VTX+ 2.2 HDi 173hp
97 S1 Activa
06 Boxster S
93 XM 2.1 Turbo SD

Previous cars
97 S1 VSX 1.9 Turbo D
99 Xantia Activa
98 2.1TD Xantia
99 306

Post by Dommo »

Shame about the strut tops, still I have a spare set if anyone would like them for cheap + P&P. Wonder whether you could nab the V6 struts and swap them over too? Not sure what the difference would be mind.

Am I missing something though, my VSX does have the wiring for the heated seat switches, and the relevant cabling on the other end by the seats, do I need anything else for the heated seats to work? The full wiring diagrams would be brilliant if you could email them to me?

dom DOT rynkiewicz AT hotmail.co.uk

Cheers Jim!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

No worries Dom :)

If the looms and plugs are there under the seats and there's two yellow plugs under the console oddment tray for the heater rheostats then you have all you need to fire up the seats...

Yes, you could use V6 struts on any Hydractive Xantia although you may find them a bit stiff unless you have an ES9J4 and HP20 under the bonnet :wink: I'd get them in any case as they are as rare as V6 strut tops and somebody will give them a very happy home I'm sure...

I'll get the diagrams done next time I've got the scanner fired up...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...