ZX central locking problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paul in normandy

ZX central locking problem

Post by paul in normandy »

Our 1996 ZX TD estate has got a problem - the central locking has gone wrong with the front passenger door in the locked position!
I suspect that its a problem with the lock rather than the solenoid, you can hear the solenoid trying to operate the lock but failing to push it hard enough (if that makes sense).
Any ideas of what I might do to rectify matters without taking a tin opener or angle grinder to the door.

(Tried using the search facility with the following words zx and central and locking and fault and it came up with 1036 results but for some reason ignored ZX and fault - is it me thats mad!)
1991 BX Millesme Diesel, 1999 Citroen Saxo diesel, 1985 Visa Cabriolet, Citroen C15 pickup,1991 Hymer B534 camper with Peugeot J5 power, 1999 Isuzu Trooper, loads of mopeds!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: ZX central locking problem

Post by RichardW »

Paul

Can you just unlock the door manually from inside? Or does the lock button just slide up but not pull the mech? These lock mechs get tired and sticky at age (overhauled the ones on our ZXs several times - usually becuase they wouldn't close when frozen! IIRC getting the door card off is not too bad - you should be able to do it with the door shut, but may need to remove the seat to get access to the bottom corner of the panel to get it off.
Richard W