807 HDI loosing power intermittently

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

uggers2k

807 HDI loosing power intermittently

Post by uggers2k »

Hi all,

I have a 2003 807 2.0 HDI with 80K.

Recently the car has been driving normally and will then loose power. No warning lights etc is being displayed. If you pull over and stop for a few minutes, start the car and continue, then the car is fine and drives as normal.

This has been happening on/off for the past month or so.

On Sunday, my wife was going down a dual carriage way, when it suddenly lost power and then cut out with smoke coming out the exhaust. The AA towed it home.

Later on, I started the car and it drove normal. The car has been giving me headaches.

Anyone got a rough idea what the problem could be? It is going into the garage tomorrow to be looked on.

Cheers
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Re: 807 HDI loosing power intermittently

Post by spider »

Is it complete loss of electrical power (ie: dash goes out etc) as well or just engine ?

If you had not said it was smoking (!) I would of said a possibility is the alternator as the BSI can control the charge rate on some models, trouble is a dying alternator that puts out an occasional spike (which on a non multiplexed car would have no effect in 99% of cases) can cause the BSi to be confused, that may explain why its shutting down. I did see this on the very first 307's quite a bit actually.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
uggers2k

Post by uggers2k »

No loss of electrics. Just seems as though there is no power from the engine. :cry:
uggers2k

Post by uggers2k »

Anti Pollution fault, unblock diesel filter, Garage has said its bad and it needs £1200 of work (New DPF, regeneration, etc). I have now decided to scrap it.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

uggers2k wrote:Anti Pollution fault, unblock diesel filter, Garage has said its bad and it needs £1200 of work (New DPF, regeneration, etc). I have now decided to scrap it.
Hold On! Look in the Citroen section of this forum. There are a mass of threads on this very topic and some offer some guidance for doing away with the DPF and so on. It's mainly for the C5 but it should be relevant to your vehicle as well.

Seems a shame to scrap just because of this when there is a way out...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

New DPF on ebay about £150.00 doesn't look difficult to fit + the eolys fluid.

Peter
Harlequin
Donor 2023
My Cars: Xantia Activa - one day I`ll own her again! Also miss my `old` 405 GLx4
2005 C5 3 Litre V6 Exclusive in Mauritius Blue and my 1997 Xantia Exclusive V6

Post by Harlequin »

ill give you scrap money for it! need a new car :D
Simon