eratic suspension C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yeomills
My Cars:

eratic suspension C5

Post by yeomills »

I have a 07 2.2 C5 with hydraulic suspension. This has started to lower at the rear when parked aprox 50% of the time. Today it has started to rais suddenly at the rear quite violently while moving at speed. On parking I operated the raise and lower system several times and on the first the front lifted but the rear stayed down then sudenly lifted fast. I suspect the solonoid on the valve block behind the rear central sphere. Has anyone experienced this and have a solution.
Regards Barry
AndersDK
My Cars:

Re: eratic suspension C5

Post by AndersDK »

Hi -

Its possible you have a problem with the said solonid.
The solonoid is an electrovalve that opens/closes for the center sphere to adjust the softness of the suspension.
When the valve is in open position, the central sphere is added to the wheel spheres as an extra suspension unit, making for a softer suspension at low to moderate speed.

We have had at least one incident with a defective valve on a later C5 that made the rear suspension height go hayvoc on a C5.
Despite it serves to control the softness only.
The problem seems to be an issue with filling/pressurising the central sphere, when the valve is at fault, thereby draining/filling the rear suspension cylinders.
This in turn causes rapid height changes.

Your C5 would then have the HA3+ (plus) varaint of the hydraulic suspension, also identified by the "Sport" button.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
yeomills
My Cars:

Post by yeomills »

Thank you for your reply. The problem has got worse this past few days and in the morning \i am taking it to a garage to be checked. I will post the results here.
Barry
yeomills
My Cars:

Post by yeomills »

Took the car to a citroen trained mechanic who diagnosed a fault on the hight sensor fitted to the rear anti roll ba,r this was changed but on return trip the fault reapeared. will have to go back in the morning. I will request that the solanoid be changed as the other posability is the BHI unit which looks expensive. I am about to trade in the car for a new C5 and have been ofered £3400 dont want to spend a fortune to get this part exchange value but cannot trade in with the fault. Rear spheres also a little hard but dont want to go down that route as they should not cause the rapid elevation at the rear.
Regards Barry