Xantia S2 Changing Brake Pads - ABS & Oil Filter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ecohouse1
My Cars: Rover 75 CDT TourerAuto , , Mercedes 190E 1.8 1993, 2CV6 Special 1987, Peugeot 206 1.1 2001. Repairs and maintenance of two Hyundai i10s
Deceased
Xantia TD Estate 1999 (now with Chris Morewood)
Xsara 1.9D Saloon
BXTZD Break
BXTGD Hatch
Peugeot 309 1.9D
Various 2CVs
Porsche 924 lux
Porsche 924S
Renault Clio 1.4 Auto
GSA Pallas
Triumph Herald 1200

Xantia S2 Changing Brake Pads - ABS & Oil Filter

Post by ecohouse1 »

Just a quick question. When I change the front pads on the Xant, do I have to loosen the bleed screw to push the pistons back so as not to damage the ABS pump? Orcan I just rotate and push the piston back like I used to do in my BX days!

Also on the XUD 1905cc TD unit, can I use the No 1109 Citroen/Puflux filters that I have left over from Pug 309D and the TGD/TZD BXs?

Many thanks!

Alan
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Xantia S2 Changing Brake Pads - ABS & Oil Filter

Post by CitroJim »

First question no, no need at all as the dosuer valve has a bypass channel back to the reservoir - otherwise the brakes would never release!

Just remember you need to wind the pistons in and not just simply push them in as you would on a conventional car. It's because the handbrake works on the front brakes. Trying to force them in will break the handbrake self-adjusting mechanism which works on a quick-thread - hence why they are wound back.

Second question yes. All XU(D) engines use exactly the same filter.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...