fuel pump C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

nifas3

fuel pump C5

Post by nifas3 »

Citroen C5 2.0 HDI 2001
Hello friends, maybe someone you know what might have happened? yesterday I wanted to clean the fuel tank, disconnected everything drew a cleaning pump, there was nothing. everything is done without disconnected batery? / /?Engine starts sometimes and work 5 minutes sometimes half a minute and then goes off.
looked on as far as weather sucks, no . how I think if pum is broken he does not start ever.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: fuel pump C5

Post by CitroJim »

Generally if the pump is broken the engine will not start at all.

You should be able to hear the pump running and making a low hum for about 5 seconds when you turn on the ignition. It will then stop and restart when the engine starts running.

Then the pump will run continuously until the engine is switched off or if the engine stops.

The pump can be accessed under the rear passenger seat, under a big round rubber plug. Remove it to hear the pump more clearly.

If the pump is very noisy or it is making a nasty noise then it is faulty and must be replaced.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
nifas3

Post by nifas3 »

pump working perfect, i replace from peugeot 406 2.0 hdi
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Have you put enough fuel back in?
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
nifas3

Post by nifas3 »

yes is a half tank, Lexia-3 shows this mesage fuel high pressure regulator blocked???
i replace it from diferent car (this car works perfrct)