Xenon Headlight is Orange

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hamster99

Xenon Headlight is Orange

Post by hamster99 »

Hi All

My 2005 C5 VTR has xenon lights, but my passenger light has turned a shade of orange this week and I wondered whether it was the actual bulb itself, the ballast or something else. I want to get the diagnosis right before I spend any money.

I've also looked at my C5 manual and it says you have to take the front bumper off to remove the headlight unit and then change the bulb which just seems such a faff. I also saw a suggestion online that it is possible to change the xenon bulb without taking the bumper off. Who do I believe?

The other part of my question is around replacemnt xenon bulbs. Do I have to get them from Citroen (I'm told at £100 each) or can I buy them online for around £25 which seems more reasonable to me. Which type are they too. Manual says D1S but when I look them up online they don't look the same as the photo in my manual!!

Finally, if I do change them myself do the lights have to be reset and calibrated, presumably by someone who knows what they are doing and has the equipment (LEXIA?).

Thanks everyone.

Rob
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015