C5 Leather Electric Front Seats

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

djjtl
My Cars:

C5 Leather Electric Front Seats

Post by djjtl »

Hi
I am replacing the cloth seats in my car to leather ones and I have removed and changed the rear seats with no problems. The front seats are causing a real problem to change, I have checked in the fuse box that the relevant fuses are installed and removed the old seats and fitted the leather ones and there seams to be no power to them.I disconnected the battery whilst I removed the old ones and fitted the leather ones as I was only able to attach the seats via the front fixing. I reconnected the battery and no functions were working on them,I know that these are fully functioning from the previous owner is there something I need to do to get them operational like a lexia session
regards
Jay
03 C5 2.O HDi 90 LX Estate 97K
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Re: C5 Leather Electric Front Seats

Post by SaabC5 »

I'd have thought Lexia would be needed to "adopt" the seats into the system.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
(Donor 2017)
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.0 Hdi 2003

Post by 411514 »

When i did mine i just ran a single fused power supply direct from the battery to the rear of the bank of mini fuses you describe behind the glovebox, all functions work and power is supplied in accordance with engine status and cut with economy mode, sam
Sam

2003 C5 2.0HDI 110
djjtl
My Cars:

Post by djjtl »

Ok Guys
I have now got the seats working I put a 80 amp maxi fuse in slot number 6 under the fusebox in the engine bay and presto it works perfect as it wasn't fitted at the factory.I will have to look at getting it on a lexia and sort a few little niggles the car has.So it got sorted for £1.60 wonder how much citroen would have charged
Jay
03 C5 2.O HDi 90 LX Estate 97K