Activa clutch job info

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Activa clutch job info

Post by Deanxm »

Hi all

Ive just released the gearbox from the engine but am scratching my head as to how to move it far enough away from the engine, the diff is catching on the subframe and cannot be lifted over as the top of the box hits the inner wheel arch, do you guys drop the subframe or what to move the box out far enough, the problem is made worse by the use of torx bolts to hold the pressure plate on so i will need a fair bit of spannering room to get at them.
Im thinking i could swing the engine and box forward clear of the subframe but that puts me very close to THAT power steering pipe which cant really be moved without great hassle.

All suggestions are welcome.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Activa clutch job info

Post by Lighty »

Subframe will need to be dropped, Not done an Activa, but all others with that box are made easier with the frame down.
Does the thrust bearing clip into the pressure plate ? If so we undo the pressure plate through the clutch cylinder hole with a long extension.The box will not come out until you do this as the thrust bearing holds it all together.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Thanks for that, it did look like it wouldnt even be close to coming out without shifting the subframe, i shall drop it down when i get back.

Thanks

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

DONE! im not over the moon about the QH clutch kit, now ive seen how it all works i can see its nowhere near LUK quality but its ok, i will update my blog later once ive got it all bolted up for those who have never seen a knackered clutch before :roll:

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Deanxm wrote:DONE! im not over the moon about the QH clutch kit, now I've seen how it all works i can see its nowhere near LUK quality but its ok, i will update my blog later once ive got it all bolted up for those who have never seen a knackered clutch before :roll:

D
Well done Dean :-D Did you need to drop the subframe in the end? I as as Chris570 and I did a 110HDi with the same 'box and it was just possible without dropping the subframe but it really was only fag-paper clearances...

Both Chris and I will be interested in your experiences and his needs doing too!!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...