p0026 fault code

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

john1doherty

p0026 fault code

Post by john1doherty »

Hi all
just bought a c8 for my sins,its a 2.2hdi exclusive 2004 and there is a few wee issues namely-

"anti pollution filter" warning light comes on intermittently , goes off of its own accord ?

"fuel additive minimum" warning light on constant

engine management light was on and when read gave code p0026-Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1) the engine management light has been put out and so far has stayed out but the fault wont clear.

according to the man i bought it off (a doctor) the timing belt went at 80000 miles and the engine was replaced with new water pump and timing kit so no worries there for a while i hope.

Any information and ideas are most welcome
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: p0026 fault code

Post by Lighty »

There is a plastic vacuum capsule on the end of the inlet manifold, looks like a black ballcock. Check this as the little ball socket breaks and falls off the inlet flaps.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
bill196510
My Cars:

Post by bill196510 »

Sorted, was electro vavle to turbo, lol.
C5 2.2 hdi 2003, called it oliver reed, drinks like him :(
Good on fuel now, lol.
rfhspares
My Cars: Citroën c8

Post by rfhspares »

Hi, I have the same code on my c8 2.2hdi.
What valve did you change? I have 2 vacuum valves under the windscreen and 2 more near the passengers wheel arch and the swirl valve under the windscreen also. I was going to change the swirl diaphragm but you say you charge get 1 of these turbo electro valves, which one?