HELP AND WIRE DIAGRAM NEEDED FOR FUEL PUMP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Harry1975

HELP AND WIRE DIAGRAM NEEDED FOR FUEL PUMP

Post by Harry1975 »

Hi I need a wiring diagram for a petrol pump on a 1.8 16 v Xantia, the manual only shows fuel gauge . Ive just change a knackard heater matrix, and the passager foot well was about an inch deep with water, ive taken out carpet and its drying ,took rubber plugs out so it can drain away. One of the wire connectors was all covered in white fluffy crap, ive cleaned it, and used needle files to make a good contact, but still pump dont work. ive direct test pump and works fine .ive checked and changed fuse to be on the safe side. So cant really work out why its not working, Fuel gauge looks like its working ( but dont hold me to that ). im leaving it for a few day incase theres water (wetness) stopping it working. But all else fails will re wire, as car is only a work house, so not to worried about it being perfect, a bodge will do, So can anyone help PLEASE

Thanks Harry
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Series 1 or 2?

Does the car start at all? It could be an immobiliser issue, rather than the pump/wiring itself.

On a Series II car, the first thing I'd be doing after confirming the key is recognised by the transceiver, is fully and carefully depressing the inertia switch in the engine bay.
Harry1975

Re: HELP AND WIRE DIAGRAM NEEDED FOR FUEL PUMP

Post by Harry1975 »

its a mark 1 1996, its the fuel pump not working , tested pump it works tested fuse its ok, so dont know why its not