citroen keys question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MonkeyMark

citroen keys question

Post by MonkeyMark »

Hi all,
I did try to search for the answer but didn't find what I needed, apologies if this is a repost.
Just got an 03 C8. Came with two keys, standard transponder one and one for the remote locking. Both work fine but the remote one is very tatty and falling apart. How would I go about replacing this? It a strange shape, sort of oval, so presume I can't just swap it with a case from
eBay as they are all rectangular (which look better I think) would really like two anyway, just in case.
I know transponders need coding but is there just one type of transponder and what about the remote part, do they need to be programmed or just synched?
So, what would I need to do, avoiding dealer prices? How do I know which are the correct parts for me?

Many Thanks, Mark
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: Citroën keys question

Post by Citroenmad »

Dos your C8 have electric sliding rear doors which operate from the key?

If not you might be able to use a C5 key, which can be found on ebay quite easily.

If it does you might need to stick with searching for C8 keys.

It might be worth finding out if the rectangle flip keys work off the same transponder code as yours, as those can be had with both normal and sliding door buttons.

Would would obviously need to get a new key blade.

I got a new key for a Peugeot 1007 (electric sliding doors), it was around £250 from the dealer, coded! :o
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
MonkeyMark

Post by MonkeyMark »

Thanks for the reply. No I don't have sliding doors. The fob has two buttons though when I opened it it looked like the remote (pcb) had four buttons, strange.
I prefer the rectangular ones so would be happy with one of those though dont know if it would work.
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

My C5 PCB has four button pads on it but only three buttons. Perhaps the PCBs are all the same, with the buttons on the fob as required.
I did operate my fourth 'button' but nothing happened, probably as I don't have a sliding door on the C5.
The Birdman
My Cars:

Post by The Birdman »

When opening these keys watch incase there is a small black transponder chip that can be easily lost or thrown away with the old case .
For what we are about to receive may we be truly thank full.

http://www.citroencodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.peugeotcodes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MonkeyMark

Post by MonkeyMark »

I can get hold of the fobs easily enough. Anyone know the best place to get hold of the transponders and the remote pcb's?

Is there anywhere that lists the types of the pcb'c and transponders so i can work out the correct combination (seem to have different frequency's). Dont want to pay for one and find out its no good.

(Am i correct in thinking that to syc the fob its in the ignition and press for 10 secs?)

A lot of questions coming at you here, but i do very much appreciate the help (and quick responses so fdar too). =D>
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

MonkeyMark wrote:(Am i correct in thinking that to syc the fob its in the ignition and press for 10 secs?)
I believe that only applies for when you're re-syncing a key to the same car say after you've disconnected the car battery or changed the remote battery. If you want to code a new key/remote to the car you'll need to do it using a Lexia and you'll also need the four digit transponder code unique to your car. I'm not sure about C8's but on some later cars once a key has been coded/matched to a particular car it cannot be re-coded to a second car so it's worth checking that out before spending money.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH