206 1.1hfx non start

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mac1

206 1.1hfx non start

Post by mac1 »

Hi everyone
I am hoping for some help as i am banging my head against a brickwall now.
car one morning would not start.
dashboard says safe mode. turns over but no start. other symptoms are heater blower not working and no comms with ecu.
Had it checked. was told BSI was faulty, sent BSI away for checking to bbarem. they found 3 faults and repaired back to factory settings so needed reprogramming at dealer.
towed to dealer who said they could not communicate with ecu. they checked all power and earth returns and recomended a new ecu.
remanufactured ecu obtained with original programming added. still no comms with ecu.
told to check power to ecu. found no power to ecu from fuse box in engine bay (wire 1203). so much for dealership checks? suspected faulty fuse board/ relay. tried another fusebox but no joy.
run a fused power supply to cable 1203 coming out of fusebox and engine started and runs.
Can anyone help or tell me where the power comes from to fire up relay to power up wire 1203 to ecu.
Has anyone had this fault before and am i missing the obvious.No wiring diagrams tell me. autodata or haynes no joy.
my thanks in advance for any help or advice offered.
Mac
citronut
My Cars:

Re: 206 1.1hfx non start

Post by citronut »

i think and seen the usual the double brown relay (ECU PROTECTION RELAY )dies but not sure if thats the fault you have,
one customers car had a chunck out of the brown relays case and it had filled up with water,

regards malcolm
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Engine ecu connections rot away on 206, due to them being directly under the inner wing edge, remove ecu and check.
Also wiring harness that drops down under the air box corrodes at the bottom of the loop inside the protective covering, pull the wires out and tug each one, the corroded ones will snap. Check the multi block connectors under the battery are, these also corrode.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
mac1

Post by mac1 »

thanks for both replies, no big brown relay, build into fuse box. will check connections and report.
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

Big brown relay is under the ecu , but only early cars have it.
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
mac1

Post by mac1 »

Many thanks to all, problem found thanks to lighty, earth wire marked 1229 from fuse box to ecu corroded and broken under air filter. stripped wire back and soldered new one in up to fuse box then electric taped the whole loom from back of engine to fusebox. car starts and runs, just need to visit local dealer to reprogramme bsi. after they charged me 170 quid to check wiring before and condemned ecu me thinks i should not pay anymore money butr we will see.... thanks again
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

:cd: Result
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami