BX 30 seconds to rise-too long?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AlanBP
My Cars:

BX 30 seconds to rise-too long?

Post by AlanBP »

Hi
My TZD takes 25-30 seconds to get to full ride height after its been sitting say a week or so.
Is this normal? I was interested in the post further down about the replacement rubber hose for the LHM. Question is would the intermittent power to the steering be the same summer or winter? I have done the whole hydraflush/F/D valve replacment but I reckon as soon as the frosts start I'll be back to semi functioning steering.
I'm wondering if my pumps getting tired.
Alan P
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

25 TO 30 Seconds to rise to full height is no cause for concern. The pump must be ok. I wonder if a new hp belt or a clean of the pulleys may help as I suspect that it is on the verge of slipping. The viscosity of the LHM gets greater when cold, making it harder to turn the pump.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I just recently swapped a pump on my CX for one that had done less work & immediately my CX began to rise faster than it ever has, however, before I went down that somewhat messy track I'd be inclined to invest in a handful of jubillee clips & get rid of the factory fit ones, trim flared out hose ends & then give the system a good bleeding.
The reason I say this is that I used to own a Trs with a fairly high mileage when I bought it, & it was like my CX; used to take ages to rise. By trimming hoses & replacing hose clips, I ended up with an acceptable period for the car to rise even though the pump sounded like a worn out treddle sewing machine.
Alan S
algieuk

Post by algieuk »

Check for any tiny air leaks in the hose from the reservoir to the pump.