Activa keypad

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Activa keypad

Post by Stekelly »

Finally got around to getting back to doing work on the activa . The battery is dead from sitting the last while and I've a booster connected . When i turn the key to the power on and try enter the code on the keypad nothing happens. The red and green light are lit when i turn the. Key to there but neither does anything when i enter the code. I'm probably missing something simple but can't see it.

Any ideas?
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Re: Activa keypad

Post by Deanxm »

From memory i think if both lights are illuminated then there is a fault with the immobiliser system, first of all get the battery charged and fitted correctly, high or low voltage a generaly dodgy batteries are responsible for all sorts of strange goings on, leave the car disconnected from any power for half an hour then reconnect the battery, lock, unlock, lock, unlock the car with the blip, once this is done try starting again.

There could be a bad contact on the double injection relay (big brown relay by the ecu box) especialy if she has been sat around doing nothing for a while, but get a good battery on her first and try then.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
davoxx
(Donor 2020)

Post by davoxx »

don't have a 'smart' charger/booster connected when you are trying to use start a car, it can fry the electronics as well as preventing it from starting.
the battery may be too flat. best to use jump leads, or a charged battery.
why?
Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Post by Stekelly »

Tried it again todaywith jump leads to a Defender.Still the same story. The handbrake light stays on even though its now off (it was sticking at first but a bit of a push sorted that) and the oil light as well as the little orange one on the coolant temp.

Havnt got in to the other Xantia to check but from memory does the oil light not go out before you start it or at least when the ignition starts turning over?
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

I wouldn't expect an oil light to go out until the oil pump develops at least a bit of pressure, meaning a bit of cranking if the engine doesn't fire up. Although normal oil pressure on an older (classic) car might have been 30-50 psi, the oil pressure to cut out the oil pressure warning lamp would be triggered at (if memory serves me right) about 4-8 psi. Can't imagine it's much different on more modern vehicles.
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
davoxx
(Donor 2020)

Post by davoxx »

Stekelly wrote:Tried it again todaywith jump leads to a Defender.Still the same story. The handbrake light stays on even though its now off (it was sticking at first but a bit of a push sorted that) and the oil light as well as the little orange one on the coolant temp.

Havnt got in to the other Xantia to check but from memory does the oil light not go out before you start it or at least when the ignition starts turning over?
after you start it, not while you crank or before.
why?