Several Problems....Xantia

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chevron

Several Problems....Xantia

Post by Chevron »

I have just acquired a 1997 Xantia TD Dimension from a salvage Co. Would this be a Mk1 or a Mk 2 car?
What do the letters 'S' and 'C' stand for on the keypad? and can anyone send me its operating instructions.
Also,the feed pipe from the pump to the regulator is leaking from the union,where it enters the regulator. I would like repair options excluding changing the regulator, as these cost £90+ .
Finally what size tyres should be fitted?(as there seems to be larger ones fitted to the front).
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

Your car is a MK1 car. You should be able to just replace the pipe - I did when the pipe from the LHM tank to the pump went a few days ago :)
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

You may simply need a new pipe-union seal.
Available as one-off from GSF in the 3 common sizes to suit the pipe outer diameter :
3.5mm (underbody lines)
4.5mm (main feed lines)
6.35mm (pump circuit lines)
Tyre sizes 175-14 to 195-14 - what ever your wallet allows you.
But at least same size all round - and exactly matched pairs pr axle.
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

If your rims are 5 1/2 J's, your tyres should be 185/65R with a speed rating of 88T.
Either 14 or 15 inch rims.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

The tyres on my 97TD are 205/60/15 on alloy rims, the steel ones that came off were also 15 inch but were 185/65, the 205 is the widest tyre specified for the xantia and is fitted on models like the 2.1 TD.
The "C" key is used to change the code and the "S" key is used to programme a temporary "service" code so that your personal code is not revealed while the car is being serviced.
To change your four figure personal security code:
1. turn the ignition on, the red warning light comes on.
2. enter the current security code, the red light goes out and the green one comes on.
<b>Note ALL key strokes MUST be accompanied by a "beep" from the keypad.</b>
3. press key "C", ensuring there is a beep.
4. enter your new personal four-figure security code ensuring there is a beep for each entry.
5. press key "C" to validate, ensuring there is a beep.
6. you will notice four flashes of the green warning lamp accompanied by four beeps to confirm the information is recorded.
Note. if the recording of the information is not confirmed, switch off the ignition and go back to step 1 and repeat using your old code.
7. switch off ignition.
8. open and close (or use the central locking control to lock and unlock) the drivers door.
9. wait thirty seconds, the red warning lamp in the keypad then lights for ten seconds, after which it begins to flash.
10. switch on the igniton, the red warning lamp lights.
11. enter your <b>new four-figure security code</b> ensuring a beep for each entry.
the red light goes out and the green light comes on.
12. the engine may now be started. <b>The new code is now the ONLY code that will operate the system.</b>
<font color="red"><b>WARNING. if you loose or mess up the code by entering it incorrectly so you cannot remember it, the injection pump will have to be removed from the engine and the security cover removed from it and a new security module fitted.</b></font id="red">
<font color="red"><b>Steps 1 to 12 above taken from the owners manual, no responsibility accepted for any mistakes, how so ever.</b></font id="red">
Dave
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dave Burns</i>
the 205 is the widest tyre specified for the xantia and is fitted on models like the 2.1 TD.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Can I just add Dave - anyone fitting 205's should put them on 6J rims.