C3 1.4 Spark Plugs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Road_Hog
My Cars:

C3 1.4 Spark Plugs

Post by Road_Hog »

I was changing the air filter on the wife's car and I ran out of time to do the plugs as it was getting dark. But I noticed that they weren't in the usual accessible place. I take it there must a panel covering that I need to remove to get at them?

I'll have a better look in the day light tomorrow afternoon. I just thought I'd ask if there are any other surprises or do & don't. I know what PSA are like for trying to make it as hard as possible to do any maintenance of their cars. Why the air filter has to screwed in (with non standard heads) instead of using clips like other manufacturers, I'll never know.
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: C3 1.4 Spark Plugs

Post by Lighty »

The plugs are at the back of the rocker cover under the black plastic coil pack. You will need to remove this coil pack, it is held on with a bolt at each end with a 10mm head.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

Thanks for that, had a look this afternoon. What a pain, because the coil pack won't just slide out because of the other mess above it. It was going to be a quick job this afternoon when the missus got back at 4:30pm but I've left it to the weekend, just in case I encounter any problems. I just knew with being a Citroen, it wasn't going to be a case of plug cap off, spark plug socket, remove, replace and repeat three times.
Deanxm
My Cars: Citroen XM

Post by Deanxm »

very few cars use single remotely positioned coils these days, almost all have individual or paired coild packs built into the HT leads since the tighter emmissions regs came in 2000.

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............