Cant release aux belt!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dowen

Cant release aux belt!

Post by dowen »

Hi, I`m trying to release aux belt on my v6, now I`ve had it off before, with no problems. I`ve slackened both nuts and it wont budge! anyone any ideas?
By the way, and its probably obvious to one and all, that if you remove the offside headlight, it makes it so much easier to get at HP pump!
Regards, Dave.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Cant release aux belt!

Post by CitroJim »

Check the instructions again Dave..

I find that you need to counter-hold hexagon 'a' after loosening bolt '3' and move the pinch bolt '2' almost right out as it is shouldered and will prevent the tensioner moving unless the slot is well clear of the shoulder on bolt '2'.

I've had V6 pumps in and out many a time and I find it best not to go in through the headlight but to remove the ECU box complete and work from there.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
dowen

Post by dowen »

Thanks Jim, Well I`ve had both bolts almoust out, tugged pulled,hit it with a hammer. I will have another go when the weather gets better.
The reasone I took headlight out is that I can get at the 19mm pump pipe.
Regs, Dave.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

In that case then Dave the tensioner must be seized on its pivot. Try loosening it off a little and trying again...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...