rear arm bearings

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

froggy
Donor 2023
My Cars: S2 Xantia Forte 185435.
Peugeot 306 Meridian, the boss.

rear arm bearings

Post by froggy »

Hi, just read Alan s , advice on replacing rear arm bearings [ on BX] Can I use this info, to help me replace mine on my Xantia series 1. While replacing the bearings, will I need to replace anyhing else, while iam changing the bearings ? Cheers Terry .
Terry
Xantia TD lx series1 SORN
Peugeot 306 meridian [ the boss]
Xantia HDI Forte 1997 CC
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: rear arm bearings

Post by Lighty »

Xantia arm bearings almost the same job as a BX, the ones with ABS are a bit more tricky, its best to uncouple the wiring from the car and take the whole sensor and wiring off with the arm.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

it pays to but a kit as this contains all the parts you might need except the thin shim washer, and these are avalible from citroen in an assorted pack,
and a mig welder comes in very handy to run two short beeds of weld at oposite sides of the working face of the outter bearing race's,
this fisrtly heats the race up which can cause them to just drop out, and secondly it gives you something to drift them out by if they dont drop out,

regards malcolm
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

If you use the old inner steel bearing tube, you can push the bearings out with it, you simply push it against the edge of the bearing (after cutting the plastic tube out) Then use a pair of long nosed mole grips to clamp the tube onto the edge of the bearing. Hit the tube hard with a hammer and it will either drift the bearing straight out or smash it to pieces, takes about 10 seconds, and no welder required, + you get a new tube to use with everyone you do .
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami