Baby capsule brands that will fit 02 C3?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

danielsydney
My Cars:

Baby capsule brands that will fit 02 C3?

Post by danielsydney »

Hi there,

i was wondering if anyone in the UK had a baby capsule brand that they of fits in the Citroen C3? My wife is just about to have a baby and we are getting prepared? What brands are recommended? :-D
C3 Automatic.
"la vie est belle"
"c'est elle que J'aime"
www.tvcitroen.com
www.renaulttv.co.uk
www.pubstv.com
"arive en France"
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Baby capsule brands that will fit 02 C3?

Post by CitroJim »

Congratulations :-D :-D :-D

I remember when our daughter Robyn was born in Darwin nearly 20 years ago now we were unable to take her home from hospital until we demonstrated we had a suitable capsule for the car.

It's good to see you're still very hot on baby safety down there :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

You have an Australian daughter!

Peter
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Occy straps, Daniel. Should be fine.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Peter.N. wrote:You have an Australian daughter!

No, she's British Peter, although born there she was born to British parents only temporarily resident in Australia so she has no claim on Australian citizenship. She only has an Australian birth certificate - that's caused her a few interesting episodes in the past :roll:

Officially she's classified as British citizen born overseas and therefore technically is an immigrant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Due to some irregularities with her registration they nearly didn't let us out of Australia when it was (sadly) time to come home. They claimed we were trying to smuggle out an Australian citizen :lol:

Shame they didn't make the charges stick so we all could have stayed there :(
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

danielsydney wrote:
i was wondering if anyone in the UK had a baby capsule brand:-D
A what? "Baby Capsule"? That's a new one on me.. I guess you mean a child seat? A search points me in the direction of here.. there seem to be plenty under the Baby Car Seats and Capsules link

http://www.babyzonedirect.com.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Maxi-Cosi and Chicco are the only names I'm familiary with I'm afraid!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

That sounds excitinng Jim, what language does she speak? :)

Peter
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Peter.N. wrote:That sounds excitinng Jim, what language does she speak? :)

Peter
Probably "bad" language if she's been spending time around Jim when he's struggling with a Xantia :-)

Only joking Jim :-p
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Baby capsule... I wondered too! I have in mind a metal cylinder with a closing lid, thunderbirds style.... :-D

I rather suspect the next e-mail will be "what to buy now all our baby clobber won't fit in a C3"... :?
Richard W
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Nah; they'll be fine. People overcomplicate some aspects of parenting. I was ferried around in a Mk1 Esky, a small but then halfway respectable new car...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Activa_Mike wrote:
Peter.N. wrote:That sounds excitinng Jim, what language does she speak? :)

Peter
Probably "bad" language if she's been spending time around Jim when he's struggling with a Xantia :-)
It's had the opposite effect, she's really well spoken and sadly not a hint of an Aussie accent either...
RichardW wrote: I rather suspect the next e-mail will be "what to buy now all our baby clobber won't fit in a C3"... :?
Why? When Robyn and her little sister Sian were babies we ferried them both around in an AX no problem at all... Room for two baby seats on the back seat and room in the boot for their bits and bobs... Perfect...
Jim

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote: Why? When Robyn and her little sister Sian were babies we ferried them both around in an AX no problem at all... Room for two baby seats on the back seat and room in the boot for their bits and bobs... Perfect...
You wouldn't now though would you? Not with knowing what we do about road safety and accident protection. Maybe we are too cossetted. We had a 2CV as a family car - my dad bought it new in 1979 - when we were kids. We went all over the place with it, camping holidays with a trailer to cornwall, Scotland, Ireland. Never missed a beat. Would I ferry my family round in one with the protection of a baked bean can nowadays? Not a chance in hell..
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

We used a Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix. Handily, we also have a Quinny Buzz pram which the seat slots straight into.

Most (probably all) the baby seats will fit in a C3, although the front seat will need to be positioned accordingly (back if baby is in front, or forward if baby is in the back). We never bothered with the Isofix attachment - extra expense we didn't need at the time.

The pram is probably a bigger issue - the Quinny only fits into the C3 boot with some dismantling, although practice makes perfect!

It amazes me that my parents, myself, my brother and my cousin all traveled around France in a 2CV in 1980! Must have packed lighter in those days...

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Aside from it being rather a subverted "Guess what, guys!" posting by Daniel, he has missed one point - Isofix seats are not sold in Australia as they are not legally compliant!

Yes, we have our own shining bureau of "experts" who determined many years ago how to safely attach a baby seat and it was in a thoroughly non-Isofix-compatible way...

One result of this, has been a rather cliquey supplier network and high prices. It works for suppliers because seats are often bought new by inexperienced parents or cashed up but uninformed family.

My advice - based on experience - is to post wanted ads in Australian forums. This will get at least one free seat needing no more than a good laundering of the cover/straps, and to hit up Gumtree. That's $250+ staying in the hip pocket...
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Sl4yer wrote:We used a Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix. Handily, we also have a Quinny Buzz pram which the seat slots straight into.

Most (probably all) the baby seats will fit in a C3, although the front seat will need to be positioned accordingly (back if baby is in front, or forward if baby is in the back). We never bothered with the Isofix attachment - extra expense we didn't need at the time.

The pram is probably a bigger issue - the Quinny only fits into the C3 boot with some dismantling, although practice makes perfect!
We had a Graco Mosaic travel system when our lad was born a couple of years ago. It was perfect, but he grew out of it before 9 month old, so I had a used but ok seat from a friend before I bought a Mamas and Papas high back seat like the one here he can be seen sat in enjoying driving along..

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/6 ... directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Great seat, though only my wife could work out how to fit it. It's got a rather complicated route for the seat belt to go round!

I would advise you to keep them strapped in at all times, or they end up doing things like this to your car...

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/T ... directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and helping you out when changing spheres..

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/L ... directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

No lectures please it was on ramps and stands, and to be honest, he came out with mum to find out what I was doing. Before we could stop him, he was under there with me having a look!