Plymouth Citroen parts dept are useless !!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Harry1975

Plymouth Citroen parts dept are useless !!!!

Post by Harry1975 »

ALL I NEED IS A WATER PIPE!!! I ordered it along with thermostat elbow and gasket,last Tuesday 31 Jan, was told it be there Thursday the 2nd feb. They rang Thursday to say that elbow and gasket was there, but no pipe and they would chase up where it was. Well its now Monday the 6th and Ive had to ring them only to be told they will not have it till Friday or even Monday !!!! As there is not one in the country !!! WTF !!! Its a rad pipe !!!! They said they have not sold one in 7 yrs and its a rare part (bulls**t),yet they have the elbow that it fits to. To say Im angry is an understatement !!!!! Would they be the same if they were fixing my Xantia in their garage ,I dont think so. Im so fed up of they way the act down there, look down there noses at you and are no help !!! I pay over the top prices for there crap, like they wanted £17 for the thermostat !!! £10 every where else ! When you think keep an 15year old Citroen on the road is an good advert for their cars ,you would think they would be a lot more helpful ! AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!
has anyone else had the same sort of treatment from Plymouth or any other dealers ????????????????
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Re: Plymouth Citroën parts dept are useless !!!!

Post by Timmo »

i used t get a really good deal of the citroen dealers in blackwater, partly because the parts guy used to have a Bx 16v, partly as i worked in the garage down the road and mostly because he didnt like the bosses there! haha
a lot of the parts peeps dont give a monkeys now for older cars, hell, in some cases the cars are older than the parts peeps!! ;-)
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
Harry1975

Post by Harry1975 »

to right they dont give a dam !!! think in the future i will ring Exeter and see if they are any better as the parts come from there and sent to Plymouth. Or go France on the ferry as that would be quicker !
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I haven't dealt with Exeter for a while now but they were pretty good. Failing that a trip to a scrap yard might be in order - certainly cheaper I would think.

Peter
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Whilst it's annoying that your car is off the road, look at it rationally...

The Xantia hs been out of production for almost 10 years - yours, 1.9TD*, for more like 13 years. They're probably right, the bottom hose rarely gives troube within the lifespan of most cars. You are probably lucky that Citroen even make/supply it anymore. The dealer is in the lap of Citroen's distro system, and if they haven't got any in the country, they haven't - no amount of bullying by the dealer is going to produce one. We all know dealer parts are expensive - but often they are better - take drop links where aftermarket ones can barely last a year. I fitted a QH stat to mine last year, and it is already giving signs of failing - compared to the OE one that lasted 10 years / 100k miles - which makes the extra worthwhile. Probably :?

You're right Citroen are not interested in your car - it's no advert for them driving a 15 year old car - they would rather you had scrapped it at 7 and lined their pockets buying a new one and having it 'serviced' in their overpriced workshop.

* EDIT: I just assumed this, might be wrong....
Last edited by RichardW on 06 Feb 2012, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Richard W
Harry1975

Post by Harry1975 »

i wish i could get it from the scrap yard, ive been looking on ebay like i do for most parts but no luck . My pipe got this silly quick release system and not a screw ring/clip or the clamp kind. Ive modified the old one, but it has had it now ,hence I need new one. just need car back on road asap for work etc. The joys of an old car :)
Harry1975

Post by Harry1975 »

i hear what your saying Richard, its just a pain in the arse !!! ive got a 1996 1.8 16v dimension. shes a good car easy to fix, ive just done the lower ball joints wishbone boots, centre front sphere, rebuild break caliper , all bleed and working fine. just need to sort water leak to stop over heating. not one spot of rust on her ,shes done 120000 miles and starts on cold mornings, i got her 4 years agos and kept her on the road, i promised her i would give her a good send off as she had only 2 owners before me .old gentleman and im 36 (boyracer some would say ) though i do love wasting saxo boyraces at the lights, they look at my car as an old mans car, well i get 0-60 in 9seconds out of her which is not to bad for what she is, and ive had 130 out over her b4. never again though ,as just got 6 points for 100 mph on the motorway :(
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I reckon you'll find the same with most dealers. According to one of the parts blokes at Exeter they don't keep a lot of the older stuff on site anymore. He only had about half a dozen 3.5mm seals when I was in there a few months back, no demand for them. I think I needed to wait about 14 days for my XM keypad cover to arrive from France.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Harry1975

Post by Harry1975 »

Red dwarfer, one of my all time fav tv programs :) its a pain thats for sure, just cant wait to drive her again not had a car for 3months now due to lack of money ( a divorce,xmas no job etc) so nearly there but not quite :(
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

I see! A bit of a bad patch!
Genius bit of comedy is Red Dwarf, used to watch it far too much during my GCSEs :lol:

Might be worth sticking a wanted advert in the for sale and wanted section. Some members have various quanities of bits stashed away and might be able to sort you out with something.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Harry1975

Post by Harry1975 »

thanks for the advice red dwarfer, i think the right word at the moment is SMEG !!! lol