1995 Citroen Xantia 1.9 SX for sale repair

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

quip

1995 Citroen Xantia 1.9 SX for sale repair

Post by quip »

For sale 1995 Citroen Xantia. Good condition. No rusting on bodywork. Excellent machine!

Sadly this car has failed its MOT and I have replaced with a newer Xantia. I love this car - it starts every time, handles great and everything on it works as it should.

Failed MOT needs new boots, some welding needed on one shock mounting and brakes were a little under. However I have driven this car to Barcelona and back with no trouble at all so would say it is worth doing up to someone with cash and time on their hands. Engine is fundamentally sound if a little rattly on cold start. Gear box is fine with suspension having just had new Spheres up front.

I think this is an earlyish Xantia Sinker - it does have the chevron on the top bonnet - also tends to sink when parked. Could be wrong though as I am relatively new to the cars.

Also have run it on veg no problem at all - (inc Barcelona to leeds trip). BUT mainly run it on diesel.

This car made me love Xantias and for this reason I would hope someone will take it on as a project as opposed to scrapping it...

Looking for £150 or offers to the right home!

Contact me ben.eyes atnospam gmail.com if you are interested. I am leeds - car would need to be picked up (obviously!)
Attachments
Citroen Xantia 1995 SX
Citroen Xantia 1995 SX
Xaccers
My Cars:

Re: 1995 Citroën Xantia 1.9 SX for sale repair

Post by Xaccers »

I'm going to lock this to avoid confusion with the duplicate thread in the for sale section

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... =7&t=38480" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool