Series 2 Xantia clarion 1562a radio code enquiry!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

avamotor
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 307 1.4HD
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Series 2 Xantia clarion 1562a radio code enquiry!

Post by avamotor »

Hello Members of French Car Forum,

Please could I ask you for help....again #-o .

I disconnected my battery during the early part of this week to complete the installation of my failed power steering pipe, job done no leaks! However, I did not have code for the radio handy, lost it in fact but managed to retrieve (care of the internet) what is supposed to be my code. On re-connection of battery, my attempts to key in codes failed as I was'nt able to press any other key apart from 1 and ended up with 1111 as my code. :?

Not being happy with that, I want my car radio to have the correct code, I am armed with my eeprom programmer and software but my QUESTION is "theoretically", is it possible to read another eeprom dump from another Clarion PU-1562A change the code i.e 7777 in the software at the correct address line and re-programme a new 93c46?

Thank you in advance

Garry
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Series 2 Xantia clarion 1562a radio code enquiry!

Post by DickieG »

To enter the radio code on a S2 you need to press the preset station button according to the code, so no digits in the code can be higher than 6, if your code was say 4623 press button 4 then 6, then 2 then 3 etc.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

i have read the code chip succesfully before now but had to remove the chip from the radio... its one of the six legged chips and they are surface mount..

check the back if the radio the code be written on there like they are useually.. theres no such thing as software decoders for the s2 clarions...

yur other option is contact a fellow member called "the birdman".. for about a tenner he supplied my mate with ALL codes for a car we didnt have any for.. including the radio if its. the original one still fitted..
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
avamotor
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 307 1.4HD
Citroen Xantia 1.9 TD

Post by avamotor »

Hello citroenxm and DickieG,

Thank you for the reply's, and I am grateful for your contributions but the radio wont allow me to press any other button than the number 1, so even if you pres 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 the digits do not appear on the display, however 1 is the only digit that will appear on screen despite the buttons working after the code is entered, so I know someone has been at the eeprom and "cobbled" it to make it "work" rather than being secure. :x

My enquiry was, using either a second radio with good working eeprom to read chip, or borrowing someones eeprom dump and code, once the software file has been copied to my computer, could it be adjusted to any code "simply" by just altering the code location data onscreen (so as an example if I wanted my code to be 2010, could I just alter the code within the software and recopy/write the data onto either the old or a new chip) within the software to a new code and then downloading it back with the new code onto chip?

I am trying to give the chip restored identity and security (with the correct Citroen radio code previously supplied from Citroen which wasnt 1111) and would also restore the use of button 2-6 during the recoding input when battery is disconnected.

Thank you.

Garry