C5 2009 mileage trip reset

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zipdip

C5 2009 mileage trip reset

Post by zipdip »

Hi all I am new and wanted some help,I do not want to reset the service trip I want to reset the trip next to the mileage at the bottom of the central dial,I have the handbook but it only tells you how to reset the service trip,I am sure it is simple :-D like me but I am beat,I saw some old posts but could not be sure they were for the service trip which I do not want to alter,I rang the main dealer and he said just push the end of the wiper stalk,I did this with the engine off ,engine on and with just ignition nothing worked.
Best Regards
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
fifth_cit
My Cars:

Re: C5 2009 mileage trip reset

Post by fifth_cit »

On the steering wheel centre boss, there are 2 knurled wheels. With the engine running long press on the left hand one and then turn it. It should scroll through the 2 trip displays. Choose the one that you want and then make a long press in the knurled wheel to reset to zero. Page 34/ 35 in my book describes it better.
regards
Keith
C5 III Tourer 2.0HDi SX
Previous Citroens:-
05 C5 Facelift VTR 2.0Hdi
03 C5 LX 2.0Hdi
51 C5 LX 2.0Hdi
96 Xantia LX TD
zipdip

Post by zipdip »

Hi thanks for that I will try that tomorrow ,I have only just bought the car and it is far more complex than the vectra I have been using there all you do reach through the steering wheel and turn the trip reset,I am amazed at the quality and what you get for not much money :-D
Best Regards
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
zipdip

Post by zipdip »

Hi well that did not work you can reset the two different trips on that dial but the one I want is at the bottom next to the total mileage the car has done,any suggestions,its a trip to the main dealers I suspect,try to keep away from them if I can as most just want to rip you off.
Best Regards
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Looks like you just need to press the button with ooo on it below the speedo. Might need to hold it for a second or so.
Richard W
zipdip

Post by zipdip »

thanks for that never saw them as the wheel boss hid them you are right keep your finger on it and the trip mileage flashes then go's to zero,so alls good,need to do this as I am going to put the car on LPG and the only way you can keep track of the LPG is to find out how far you can go on a full tank and then reset your trip when you fill up,shame all the functions on the speedo will be mostly redundant .
Best Regards
2009 C5 1.8 vtr+