Pallas - auto enhancement

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

vince
My Cars:

Pallas - auto enhancement

Post by vince »

Hi all,

As stated somewhere previously....? This year sees the launch of "Pallas" which is the name i have chosen for my auto enhancement business due to my love of all things classic and thoroughbred Citroen

Mainly based on weekends, i am offering to wind back the years off a car's age via a process of cleaning and refinishing. Most call it "detailing", but the reason i dont want to offer detailing is because of time constraints. A full vehicle correction detail takes a couple of days in most cases, which at the moment i just dont have to spare, what with work committments and family time needed too. So, the full "Pallas" treatment would be a one day vehicle blitz involving washing, claying, machine polishing, waxing and cleaning up of all other exterior parts of a vehicle to a very high standard.

I am also open to smaller jobs like alloy wheel removal cleaning and refitting, bodywork scratch removal, "hazy" headlamp restoration, engine bay cleans, and any other odd jobs to do with making a car look its best.

I am in the process of building a website to show people what is possible in a single day of turnaround, but i am looking for some vehicles to do to add to my portfolio for my website. (I have a few cars i could pick around here but id love to do something "interesting" By that i mean something french) :)

If you have anything you want doing on the cheap then pm me and we can talk :wink:

Vince

P.s Jim, i cant remember the rules regarding business pitches on here so just incase i havent posted any prices etc. Let me know if the above is innapropriate in any way :wink:
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Pallas - auto enhancement

Post by DickieG »

Good luck with your new venture Vince. I wish we lived closer, are you sure you don't fancy transferring to GSF's HQ? :lol:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Good luck in the Pallas venture Vince :-D

I have no problem at all with this thread. You are offering a service members, it's not a commercial business and you are a long established and respected member.

I only wish you lived nearer too. I agree with Richard. Can't you transfer to the GSF HQ?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Errr NO! he cant transfer, Vince I will Be in touch over the next week or so, got a couple of scratches I can't get out and its bugging me to hell
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Trainman wrote:Errr NO! he cant transfer, Vince I will Be in touch over the next week or so, got a couple of scratches I can't get out and its bugging me to hell
It's not all about you Steve, there's no 'I' in team :lol:
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

DickieG wrote:
Trainman wrote:Errr NO! he cant transfer, Vince I will Be in touch over the next week or so, got a couple of scratches I can't get out and its bugging me to hell
It's not all about you Steve, there's no 'I' in team :lol:
Richard, Quite correct.........but there is a ME. TA. :-D
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.

http://c6owners.org/index.php
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Thanks guys,

Steve, i was thinking about your C6....get in touch when you want it looked at.
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

come this way for 2 xants and an XM ;)
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by red_dwarfers »

Trainman wrote: Richard, Quite correct.........but there is a ME. TA. :-D
:lol:

Wish you all the best Vince!
I might see if I can find someone who knows what they're doing to give the XM the once over before this years rally season.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Best of luck to you fella, is a big step to be making in this time but am sure you'll do well!
detailing has become the word for cleaning that all the chav's seem to love now, used to be a bit more specialest but now is the common use so i'm with you on limited use of the term, that and not being american! ;-)
but All the best matey,
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

I agree Timmo, the difference with me is though that when i take on a job, im like the old man off that old french polishing advert. You know your car is being worked on by someone who isnt doing it "en mass" and just for the money..ive got my normal job for that. I do it because i love breathing life back into paintjobs etc and also the looks on the persons face when they see it finished. Its so gratifying when you "bring a car back"

Those corsa boy valeters / detailers will give you a finish that will last a month or two at most. The best way to guage how long a proper finish will last for is by the age of the car. My car took 13 years to deteriorate to the finish that it had when i bought it. Its now back to factory clean overall so if its looked after and kept clean it should last at least as long again if not indefinately....thats because the contamination hiding the original finish is completely removed. Hence winding back the years :)

Chris, arent you over Doncaster way? Id love to do an XM or another Xantia, the paintwork comes back up like glass. The clearcoat finish on them is unlike most other cars. Below is a picture of the roof of mine :wink:

I dont mind travelling a little way but fuel costs would need to be covered ontop of the work done.

As Jim doesnt mind this thread. The rate ive been charging for a days work is £50. Thats for around 7 hours work which sees most jobs done. What youd get is a finish something like this though. (not one of mine but gives you the idea) This level of finish is possible on most cars no matter how old they are providing the clearcoat hasnt failed. if that has happened it will have cracked or be peeling off. (not the same as the odd bit of flaking laquer) :wink:

Chris570
(Donor 2020)

Post by Chris570 »

i'm down near jim, so a little way to come but i'm more than happy to pay your fuel plus more, once the XM is done would you be interested in making it perfect? (well as far as you can)
2006 C5 HDi 170
1998 Xantia Activa S1
1971 D Special
2006 C3 1.6 HDi SX,
CitroJim wrote: I'm a pink fairy
A 1/3 of Team WFA 'Clarkson'
vince
My Cars:

Post by vince »

Im up for it Chris yes, how far do you want to go with the XM? If you could send me some pictures of it and what your looking to get done then we can sort something out between us. You can email me at vince dot hargreaves at gsfcarparts dot com :wink: I spend most of my time at work so thats often the best place to get hold of me
Timmo
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 58 partner teepee outdoor hdi.
58 C2 Code in black! Fun!

Post by Timmo »

Vince, the reasons you do it are exactly that of why o do! The sheer amazement on the face of the owner! Unbeatable! And yes, is fantastic feeling when you park up next to a new car in your Old run about and its in Far better condition! :-D Used to Love parking the BX next to Brand new Black cars, show what the colour Should loook like! ;-)
With the attitude you have is the way you work then you'll have no worries fella! Honest and Real pride in the job rather than having to make it look good to justify the fee! ;-)
After All, I am the Cornish one!

'58 C2 Code
'58 partner teepee outdoor