Repairing Suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

philcut
My Cars:

Repairing Suspension

Post by philcut »

I've just finished doing my rear arm bearings[:D]It wasn't as bad as thought it would be-probably due to the lack of corrosion out here.I now want to sort out the front suspension.I need to replace the front struts,they're leaking like #&**%^! I've got a spare pair,which also leak[:(]Is there anywhere I can part ex them like Pleides? Or would it be cheaper to get them from Andyspares?I'm back in UK on Friday and I'd like to get the bits whilst I'm home. Is there anything else I should change at the front? What are the front bearings like for wearing? If there is anything else that might need doing,I'd like to get them now so I can do them during the winter-when the weather is a good deal cooler.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

philcut -
The front wheel bearings is not a known special problem item on the BX - they seem to last as long as on any other car.
May be a common problem on cars in Saudi (heat/dust) ??
Try the home button on top of this page - then choose the online shop - and look for GSF price on the BX front struts.
It mat be advantageous to get a pair of droplinks too - and the hydraulic return hose complex known as the "Octopus".