Hydraulic circuit breaker specs

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davewithington
My Cars:

Hydraulic circuit breaker specs

Post by davewithington »

Anyone have specifications for Xantia hydraulic circuit breaker?

How is for instance a 5274 14 as fitted to a TD SX, different to a 95 588 682 from a TD VSX?

Is it just the cut in/ cut out pressure settings. They both look identical.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Hydraulic circuit breaker specs

Post by CitroJim »

They are :-D They all cut in at 140 bar and cut out at 170 bar. The only difference is detail and that's the angle of the plastic pipe stub for the return circuit.

There's only been (I believe - correct me if I'm wrong) three types used in the whole history of Hydraulic Citroens. The FDV type as seen on early 'sinker' Xantias, XMs and some BXs with powr assisted steering, the coarse thread type that uses a 6.35mm rubber seal on the pump to regulator pipe and the fine thread type that uses a metal cone seal on the pump to regulator pipe. Fine and coarse refer to the thread pitch used on the hydraulic union for this pipe.

In practice all regulators since about 1997 have been of the fine thread type.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
davewithington
My Cars:

Re: Hydraulic circuit breaker specs

Post by davewithington »

That's fair enough Jim.

There's an "N" reg SX TD in my local scrapyard - McGuiness's if anyone's interested, and it still has the hydraulics in place. I want a circuit breaker to play with, take it apart, maybe recondition. I hope to construct a test rig so I can check pressures etc of the car, using a pump from a BX