AA inspection/ couriers

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

AA inspection/ couriers

Post by Stekelly »

Has anyone here had an AA inspection done on a car before buying? I'm goign to travel to Glasgow and want to get the inspection done Tues or Wed this week to remove any potential surprise when I get there.I'll be giveing the garage a ring in the morning(or tuesday if they're clsoed tomorrow) to make sure all is well and let them know I want to send out the AA for a look. I'm assuming the AA dont needs huge amounts of notice and if I book the inspection tomorrow ther'll be not trouble getting it done on Tues or Wed?

2nd query is about couriers. I need to get the leather interior from Toby in Ringwood to Anglesey North Wales, again for me to pick up on my way to the boat on thursday by about 3 in the afternoon. I had a look at the FCF courier map and there seems to be a big hole where I'd need many folk to be :-) . So does anyone have a recommedation and/or an idea of how much to expect to pay for the service?

Cheers
Stekelly
My Cars: 2022 Trafic work van
2017 Kadjar

Previous
06 C5 1.6 HDI
00 Xantia 1.8
00 Clio 1.2
98 Xantia Activa (briefly)
97 Partner van
97 Safrane 2.5 Auto
94 Safrane 2.0

Re: AA inspection/ couriers

Post by Stekelly »

Just rang the AA and they need 3 working days notice. Tried the garage and got voicemail so I assume they are closed today.

Does anyone know a similar service to the AA inspection or have a recommendation for someone in Glasgow that could check out a Fiat Ulysse for me in the next couple of days for whatever (reasonable) fee?