Fitting electric leather into a Xantia.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mirafioriman

Fitting electric leather into a Xantia.

Post by mirafioriman »

Well I'm now the proud owner of a set of electric black leather seats from a series 2 V reg Xantia :)

I bought the appropriate seatbelt buckles for the rear and the rear seats are now fitted and cleaned (photos tomorrow)

Now the fronts. How do I tell if they are heated? As my car has no airbags at all (very early one) all I want to connect is the power to the seats and seat heaters if they are fitted. Put simply does anyone know which multi plugs or coloured wires am I looking for?
Former Proud owner of a 1994 Citroen Xantia 1.9d and BX 19RD

Now driving an Alfa 159 but god I miss the Xantia!
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Re: Fitting electric leather into a Xantia.

Post by DickieG »

From memory the seat movement supply has the large wires and the heaters the smaller ones, are you fitting these seats to your S1 as in your avatar?

How much of the harness do you have with the seats?
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

Hi,

Yes they are going into a series 1. One seat has some of the wiring loom on the 'other side' of the multi plug not sure about the other seat. If the seats are heated I don't have the switches.

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

Bearing in mind that less than 50% of Xantia seat heaters actually work unless you've been told they work you may as well skip the heaters at this stage until you get the switches/additional loom (I believe the seat heater looms were fitted to most if not all S2's if you want to track down the loom).

I fitted similar seats to my VSX and sourced a 12v supply by soldering in a substantial wire to the ignition supply wire just prior to the ignition switch so that the well known weakness of the ignition switch isn't overloaded further, I also fitted the essential in-line fuse to this supply for obvious reasons. This means that unlike to original Citroen fitment that the seats can be adjusted with the ignition off, as for potentially overloading the ignition wiring well once you've adjusted the seats how often will you repeat that process? The seats have been in for what must be over 10 years now and no problem whatsoever.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

Thanks again. So really I just need to know which are the live and earth wires for the seat adjustments. I don't want to fiddle with any airbags that may be fitted for obvious reasons! I like your idea of just wiring into a fused permanent live so the seats can be adjusted whenever.

I'm itching to get the fronts fitted and working. The rear looks great with the black leather in! I have cleaned them with Liquid Leather cleaner and will hopefully get them conditioned tomorrow.

mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

Well they are now in and fully working including the lumbar support adjustment. Somebody before had chopped the wiring about on the drivers seat and a number of the motors were incorrectly wired up. This led me to get the main live and earth feeds the wrong way round hence all the problems. As soon as I swapped the main feeds round the lumbar started working correctly. I then just had to figure out which motor wire went where.

Now all the adjustments work correctly and I stand a chance of getting a comfortable driving position :)

jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

good stuff.. they are good seats for driving ;)

dont forget there are 2 lumbars :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

mirafioriman wrote: I stand a chance of getting a comfortable driving position :)
Excellent :-D

The only problem is that there's so many you can spend hours or even days finding the sweet-spot :twisted: Once you do though, happiness...

I find the older the leather seat is the more comfy it is. The driver's seat in Rattiva has been sat on now for nearly 202,000 miles and it's just about perfect now bar a small hole in one bolster...

And good tips for repairing holes in leather anyone?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

2 lumbars? Tell me more ;)

jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

should be a lower and middle lumbar .. rocking the switch top-to-front or bottom-to-front to inflate ;)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

jgra1 wrote:should be a lower and middle lumbar .. rocking the switch top-to-front or bottom-to-front to inflate ;)
That's absolutely right :-D I never realised until I read this thread earlier and then had a play when I was out in Rattiva earlier! So thanks John!!!!

It's the rearmost switch you rock. Rock backwards top and bottom to deflate if necessary...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mirafioriman

Post by mirafioriman »

Thanks, I've had a play too and I now understand :)

A few photos:

f00lzz
My Cars:

Post by f00lzz »

Nice job... If I had a choice I would take the series 1 leather over the series 2
Ian
Account Ref: 6419

Current Cars
Nissan X-Trail SVE
Saab 2.2TiD
Merc E270 Estate

Past Citroens
2001 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1999 Xantia 1.9TD
1997 Xantia 3.0 Exclusive
1995 XM 3.0 Exclusive Estate
eskerman
My Cars: 2001 Xantia 2L HDI

Post by eskerman »

I was offered a 2000 Xantia HDI SX with full leather (electric) seats as a donor car - alloys and useful for lots of spare parts - will the seats transfer over to my other 2001 Xantia - non leather car without too much “surgery”

Thanks in advance

Paul
Attachments
3A609BEE-FF87-4B0A-83A7-EECD267B64F0.jpeg
B76BC9E5-988B-4C7D-91E4-7FBD012DBD78.jpeg
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

If both cars are the same the seats will swap quite easy not sure if you will have the loom fitted for the front seats but you may have.
Estate rears do not fit in a saloon or vice versa i believe.
Door cards & dash trim will swap over nice and easy also.

Colin