Berlingo Link Rods

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jono_h

Berlingo Link Rods

Post by jono_h »

I appear to have gone through a set of link rods in about a year / 8k miles. Admittedly they were the cheapest I could find on Ebay, but I would have expected to get a little longer.

Is there any value in getting genuine Citroen units? They are about 3 times the price (again on Ebay, haven't asked the Dealer), are they 3 times as good?

Many thanks, Jon.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Berlingo Link Rods

Post by RichardW »

Cheap drop links are, as you have found out, rubbish. Almost certainly a set of genuine ones will last much more than 24k (ie 3 times 8k!) - how long did the originals last? You can buy the OE ones (Lemforder) from places like AEP - but for the Xantia they are not much cheaper than Citroen. My Xantia needs a new set - the originals have lasted 125k, so I will be going OE for the replacements - they are about £30 a each.
Richard W
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I very often find that the cheap ones don't contain enough grease so I pull the boots back and fill them up, that should make them last longer.

Peter
jono_h

Post by jono_h »

Thanks Richard,

I changed them at about 50k. If they were the originals then they'd done very well, as it's an ex-Forestry Commision van and has seen some action judging by the amount of mud stuck to the steering rack!

I might just have to buy the bullet and do it properly.