2.2 C5 HDi remap with auto box?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Vulpinity
My Cars:

2.2 C5 HDi remap with auto box?

Post by Vulpinity »

Quite fond of my remapped diesels, and certainly feel my new C5 could do with a little more oomph!

Doing a little research, however, it does seem that the standard torque output is alarmingly close to the maximum torque rating (or at least the only one I could find, which could well be an earlier version) of the automatic box. :shock:

Anyone remapped an auto 2.2 and survived without their gearbox becoming an Airfix kit?
Norlander

Re: 2.2 C5 HDi remap with auto box?

Post by Norlander »

Anyone remapped an auto 2.2 and survived without their gearbox becoming an Airfix kit?
Ours was re-mapped along with DPF removal ... too soon to know if the gearbox is going to stay ok, but it seems happy enough so far.
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

A decent remap will be able to limit torque in 1st & 2nd gears to protect the auto box. My Saab has a Stage 2 Maptun ecu and that does exactly the same.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
Vulpinity
My Cars:

Post by Vulpinity »

SaabC5 wrote:A decent remap will be able to limit torque in 1st & 2nd gears to protect the auto box. My Saab has a Stage 2 Maptun ecu and that does exactly the same.
Didn't even think of torque limiting. #-o

I may have to call around a few places and have words. :mrgreen: Shame Maptun don't do Citroens, I had great experience with them with my Saabs too.