Xantia OEM part numbers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

charentejohn
My Cars:

Xantia OEM part numbers

Post by charentejohn »

I have a Xantia HDI 90 SX and have been looking at parts online.
The sites I have found are good good and show OEM numbers for the parts being sold, problem is there are sometimes more than one part for the same car being offered. But buying online it is a pain to have to return something.

So, does anyone know of a source of OEM part numbers by vehicle type so I can look up a part, say an engine mount for the said vehicle, and find the OEM part number. I don't mind paying for a list or section of a parts catalogue, but can't seem to find one online.
You must be the change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi
Xantia HDI 90SX C3 2005 and C3 2006 both 1.4i sensodrives
KennyW
Donor 2024
My Cars: Current Citroen's
C5 x7 2010
SWMBO C3 2012
Previous Citroen's
Xantia 2.0 90hp estate
Xantia 1.9 TD estate

Re: Xantia OEM part numbers

Post by KennyW »

John,

What are you looking for and I'll look up the citroen service site.

Kenny
C5 x7 2.0 HDi 160 hp Estate exclusive, the newbie
Xantia 2.0 Hdi 90hp 1999 only 189,000 and rising!!!!!!! Moved on to a new home
C3 1.4 petrol (SWMBO)
Xantia TD 1.9 Mk 2 Estate LX 1998 model over 210,000 miles now and still rising!!!!!!!!!!!!! now deceased 17/12/2010.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

here is the link

http://service.citroen.com/do/logout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you will need to register and a lot of people were finding problem's doing so, as they were saying it was asking for a VAT No.,

i have spoken to a the IT software tech man at PSA Coventry who says you dont need to be a indipendants/garage/workshop to register,
the general public are welcome to use the site,

the parts look up is free but any technical document costs to veiw, so you havre to purchase time to do that,

regards malcolm
charentejohn
My Cars:

Post by charentejohn »

Kenny
These are the parts I am looking to buy, for a 2001 HDI 90 Xantia, so engine no DW10TD.
http://www.oscaro.com/support-moteur-ci ... 12-2125-gt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am assuming I need all of them but was not sure on the two small supports. Since checked and the OEM on the site is ther same, d-oh! (if you click on 'fiche' you get the details) just different suppliers. So hopefully no need for details but it would be nice to confirm they are correct for the model.

Malcolm
Tried the link but not found, but since you gave me the citroen.com and service keywords I found another way in. http://citroenpeugeot.com/content/citroen-service" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like this will be useful, most stuff here is sold with an OEM number to x-reference so it really helps to be able to do this. There are no real car parts places here like Halfords or Motorist Discount, just main dealers and garages, so online is they best way to buy. Problem is you can't ask questions, even if I could my french isn't up to it.

What I want to do is just replace all supports while I am at it, rather than one at a time as they fail.
Less than 100 Euro the lot so worth doing.
I believe I need the small and large rubber bushes for the top mount and the lower 2 are hydraulic (oil filled).

One question is how difficult is it to remove the top bushes, should they drift out reasonably easily ?
Reason I want to do them all is there is some play when accelerating decelerating (top bushes softening) and also engine 'drumming' in the car when stationary, my guess is hydraulic supports no longer living up to their name as hydraulic...

Regards John
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

John
i dont know why that link doesnt work as i coppied the address bar after oppening the log in page,
which i use from my book marks,

i just did a google seach for service citroen as below,

http://service.citroen.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and the very first non sponserd link that comes up is the one you require,
it is Citroens own parts search site,

regards malcolm
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i dont know whats going on as i just tried the link above and that dont work either,

regards malcolm
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

There is a lot of physical interchangeability between mounts off different Peugeot/Citroën cars.

What seems to vary is the rubber compound and amount of glycerine (or whatever it is) in the engine main mount. Some of the aftermarket big mounts have no fluid content at all.

However, threads never change and you will find the unassembled dimensions pretty consistent.

Working our way down that page, first mount is the stabiliser yoke eye bush that mounts to the lower rear of the subframe; it's pressed into the stabiliser yoke and you do need an hydraulic press to change it.

Next mount is the stabiliser bracket bush; this bolts to the rear of the engine block and is secured to the subframe via that stabiliser yoke just mentioned.

Then you have another brand of yoke eye bush.

Next is the typical profile of main engine mount; I sometimes refer to these as a "tower" bush because it stands upright as pictured and the engine bracket fits over its top. They'e often hard to see because of a plastic cover, then the engine bracket, then a snubber bush (not shown this page) then a spacer/riser. Access to the lower threaded end's nut is usually through a slot in the offside front wheelarch - welded in nuts seemed to disappear pre Xantia era. The aforementioned snubber bush often dies if the main tower has been collapsed a long time.

Then you have the gearbox suspending bush. These vary quite a lot; some are longer (taller) than others and stiffness of the compound can change. As they hang the gearbox below them, they are a "failsafe" design where it takes massive abuse and neglect to pull the main bolt through. The ear bolts are not massively tight however the central bolt or stud is usually Loctited on, and this process should be honoured in renewal.

French will improve if you keep chipping away at it in written form; use Google Translate if you are in doubt - not that it is trustworthy outright - but as a check for actual meaning in context. (I usually type it in French and see what it translates into English as.) If you get it skewiff, it's unlikely to be so wrong that nobody can understand - and if it gives them a chuckle, then you've probably helped their day along...
miked
My Cars: Xsara SX (2003) Last of the line.

Post by miked »

citronut wrote:i dont know whats going on as i just tried the link above and that dont work either,

regards malcolm
Could it be the forum autocorrect software putting the dots above the 'e' in citroen that is causing the problem?

Typing the address as you posted (without the dots over the e) works though.

EDIT: Just tried a few things to try to post a link to service.citroen.com including the BBCode for a named link [url=....]...[/url] and can't get it to work. I'm sure it's the autocorrect but I'm surprised phpBB isn't smart enough to not autocorrect named links.
Last edited by miked on 17 Dec 2011, 23:42, edited 2 times in total.
charentejohn
My Cars:

Post by charentejohn »

Malcolm, no idea why your link doesn't work, if you hover on it at the bottom of the page it shows as service.xn-citron-tva.com. No idea why this would be.
No problem though as the other link works, and the info is excellent, so many thanks. I put in the Vin number and it shows exploded views (with OEM nos.) of all assemblies. Using the Vin such as brake pads (varied a bit) are the right ones for the specific car.
Very informative as photos are not the same as diagrams, these show how things go together, so you know how they should come apart.
You are right Malcolm, I have edited this because I wrote (last paragraph) c i t r o n but it changes to Citroen, so must have done something similar but opposite to your link, mine was peugeotcitroen so it didn't correct it.

Addo, thanks for the warning, I will check the lower bushes are hydraulic (they say they are) and be sure to do the top one last and have a local garage ready to press out the current bushes. I will just buy them all but only do the lower ones to see if that cures it, then do the top ones in the spring. I need the car to run every day at the moment so don't want to do anything I can't fix in a day or so.

My french is improving but not on the phone, I saw in Malcolm's link the word was Citron (lemon) and did have fun in a bar one night. I asked if they knew what Americans mean by a car that is a lemon, they did. So I then asked why they called a car company the same name. We then spent some time on how to pronounce Citron (si-tron) and Citroen (see-trou-aen) :-D
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

The stabiliser bushes are hardest; you need to remove the RH driveshaft. For the upper bushes (both engine and gearbox sides) you only need a trolley jack, some scrap 2×4 under the sump/gearbox and normal tools.

There are no "hydraulic" bushes as such; the only ones that ever have a damping fluid are the upper ones and probably only the engine side bush on a Xantia.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

so John did you find the proper/full serice citroen site,

maybe if you pm. me with you email address i can send you the link via that,

at least to check if you have found the propper web site,

regards malcolm
charentejohn
My Cars:

Post by charentejohn »