c5 spheres again!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kris h
My Cars:

c5 spheres again!

Post by kris h »

hi all got an ongoing problem with some spheres i bought from aep direct for my c5 2.0hdi estate ride awful with new spheres fitted 57 bar pressure front 44 bar pressure rear ,have checked with citroen dealer that pressures are correct for my car he says all ok iread posts on the forum saying these spheres my be for a 2.2 hdi car with the extra spheres but now iam truly stuck because my car has not got the sport switch or extra spheres mines only an sx model have not had chance to get them pressure tested yet, hopefully tomorrow,one thing i have noticed is new front spheres have three damper holes one in the middle larger than the other two my old spheres have one hole thats bigger with a sort of divison down the middle ,maybe aep have given me the wrong parts , sorry for the long post but i just want my nice floaty ride :( back thanks all kris
ive tried the rest and citroen is best
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Re: c5 spheres again!

Post by Citroenmad »

It could well be you have been sent the wrong spheres. Do they have part numbers on so you can check with AEP or their website?

My original C5 was fitted with AEP spheres, it failed its MOT as one front sphere had gone hard.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
kris h
My Cars:

Re: c5 spheres again! update

Post by kris h »

hi citroen mad &forum got spheres tested only 33 bar in the front ones &27 bar in the rear ones so iam boxed them up and will return them asap to aep not very happy about this but supose i will have to bite the bulitt and pay citroen dealer for genuine spheres mechanic told me damper holes were incorrect as well hes an indi so i guess he knows his stuff i dont want more hassle over parts so off to the dealers tomorrow thanks all for help and advice kris
ive tried the rest and citroen is best
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Your probably doing the best thing to get Citroen genuine spheres, its all I would use. They can be expensive but at least they will last, C5s rarely need spheres changing so you should get a long use from them.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

I believe that genuine Citroen spheres are made by IMHF (or whichever order the letters are).
Might be worth checking their prices first.